Job title: Regulatory Controller (6 month contract)
Department: EMEA Finance - Regulatory Control
Regulatory Reporting is a key component of the Finance Department, which has an excellent reputation within the bank and externally. We pride ourselves on our professionalism within a Department with a culture that encourages dynamism and flexibility.
The Reporting team is based both onshore and offshore in Mumbai. The majority of daily reporting and a significant proportion of monthly reporting are performed by the team of approximately 20 in Mumbai. The London team also consists of approximately 20 people, encompassing a wide variety of functions including oversight of the Mumbai reporting team, partial production of monthly/quarterly regulatory reporting, capital assurance, planning and forecasting, Pillar 3 / ICAAP production and regulatory policy.
The role is in the Regulatory Control department of Nomura's UK Finance Division, taking responsibility for running processes and projects which underpin the external and internal Regulatory Reporting for the European consolidation group (including the main broker dealer, Nomura International plc). It will include working with colleagues in London, Frankfurt, Mumbai and Tokyo.
The role involves running weekly and monthly capital processes. This will cover both current reporting processes and the supporting the automation of these where possible.
Reporting responsibilities will include a variety of the below tasks:
- CoRep reporting - assisting with return production & sign off process
- Preparation and coordination of monthly capital sign offs with senior management
- Assisting with production of Pillar 3 documents
- Responding to business / management driven queries & requests
There will also be the opportunity to implement new processes as the regulatory landscape continues to change. The individual will be expected to support the teams strategic and ongoing change requirements such as:
- Assisting implementation of new regulation impacting the team (e.g. SACCR) by working with IT and Change teams to deliver ideal solutions
- Ensuring control environment is robust and implementing ongoing enhancements and improvement
- Enhancing controls through supporting automation initiatives and reducing manual spreadsheets
- Improvement of data quality through upstream remediation
The role will be challenging and will provide a variety of responsibilities covering technical, process & interpersonal perspectives. It will be an excellent opportunity to further develop knowledge of Regulatory Reporting providing a deep insight into NEHs' Capital, Risk & Leverage positions.
The role will encompass internal MI reporting for the business units and senior management. This will provide a great insight and exposure to the business, products and their capital usage versus limits. Through external reporting, the role will involve submissions to the PRA and BoE. The successful candidate will also get involved in non-routine requests which have a direct impact on shaping the business.
Key objectives critical to success:
- Ability to work to high degree of accuracy with logical and structured approach
- Ability to self-review, identify issues and investigate / escalate appropriately
- Flexibility and the ability to keep pace with ever changing International and UK regulatory capital rules, and resulting change to business processes
- Ability to embrace new technology and adapt to changing business processes
- Ability communicate effectively with colleagues and build relationships within the department and across functions
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Regulatory Reporting production experience in an investment bank or other relevant experience is desirable but not essential
- Chartered Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Experience of process, design and implementation
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and control minded focus
- Results focused in a pressurised environment with tight reporting deadlines
- Organised and methodical with attention to detail
- Well-developed PowerPoint and Excel skills. Additional knowledge of data transformation/visualisation tools also useful (e.g. Tableau/Alteryx) but not essential
- Investment banking product knowledge