This is an exciting time for Resource Management as we build on the professionalism of our people and work closely with the business to develop and implement PwC business and people strategy and continue to strengthen our business.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Distributed Delivery Model (DDM) Resource Management team as a Resource Officer focusing primarily on Nexus, PwC’s Competency Centre. At PwC we are designing an operating model where we’ll improve quality, deliver outstanding value to our clients, and create a better experience for our people - Nexus is a fundamental cornerstone to deliver this.
You will have the chance to influence the longer term Resourcing strategy for DDM, and to assist the firm in being more agile and providing the right people on the right projects at the right time. This role will involve
- Day to day deployment of staff to projects/assignments balancing the needs of the business with the needs of the individual
- Improving agility by helping to evolve the Resourcing strategy
- Producing, using and analysing information to make resourcing decisions and recommendations
- Build strong relationships within the business unit and the wider resourcing function to enable greater effectiveness in providing solutions for resourcing demands
- Build relationships with stakeholders and become the point of contact and trusted advisor for resourcing
Additionally, you will be working closely with Resource Management colleagues across the DDM. This Resource Officer role provides you with an opportunity to build on your professional career to date. It is a people focused role founded on strong and effective working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Professional, confident and open minded individual who demonstrates PwC Experience behaviours at all times, including a strong ability to liaise, influence, challenge effectively and build relationships at all levels
- Confident and skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Logical thinker with strategic and pragmatic analytical skills with attention to detail
- Proactive with a positive, flexible, assertive, can do attitude
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast changing environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritise, and a proven track record of multi-tasking and managing a significant workload effectively under pressure
- Good problem solver and decision maker
- Effective team player with an ability to develop personal networks through strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills - MS Office, Manpower planning Systems
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Experience of conflict resolution, with the ability to manage complex conflicts between numerous stakeholders
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly in a fast moving environment
- optimising the allocation of work and deployment of staff. Maximise profitability in conjunction with personal development plans and individuals’ wellbeing
- Demonstrate good knowledge of Assurance and be proactive in relation to the supply and demand challenges of the Business i.e. busy periods, recurring business, etc
- Produce accurate and commercially focussed Management Information (MI) for your BU/RM Function identifying trends/ key risks, etc
- Establish effective relationships and become known as a reference point within resource management.
- Work in close partnership with other key functions i.e. Finance/ HC/ Business Development, etc
- Engage and promote the use of key resourcing systems to enable effective resourcing.
- Share knowledge / best practise and network with your colleagues across the business
- Proactively support the RM managers to advise, guide and educate Career Coaches as regards to their role and responsibilities in RM processes to enable a good quality interaction with their staff
- Management of all movements within the BU – joiners, leavers, engagements, secondments, transfers, maternity, etc.