Mizuho International Supported Returners Roles – London:
We are delighted to be recruiting for two supported returner roles based in London, at Mizuho International plc (MHI). This includes a permanent role, at Vice President rank, within our Finance team. This role is aimed at people who have taken a career break of two or more years and who are now looking to return to work.
We are hoping that our joiners will start together in January 2022 but we can offer flexibility around this. These newly created roles can be designed to accommodate a flexible working pattern to work for your situation and we’d like to hear what your ideal pattern might be. We are also open to discussing a gradual build-up of hours over your first month to best ensure maximum long term success. In our new hybrid working environment we expect most roles to include significant elements of homeworking on an ongoing basis and we are also pleased to offer a core working hours policy. We do not anticipate that any of the roles will require international travel.
Who We Are
Mizuho International plc (Mizuho International) is the London based securities and investment banking arm of the Mizuho Financial Group, Inc., and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd. With a primary focus on client based activities, its wide range of services includes sales and trading in both debt and equity securities, the underwriting of new issues and M&A advisory services. Mizuho International is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is a member of the London Stock Exchange and LCH.Clearnet Limited.
Mizuho International has a Branch in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (for which the operating name is Mizuho International plc (DIFC Branch)). In addition, Mizuho International has a subsidiary (Mizuho Securities Europe GmbH) in Frankfurt, Germany which has a Branch office in Madrid, Spain and Paris, France.
MHI Finance Department provides support to a wide spectrum of clients including the Board and its Sub-Committees, MHSC (as the Shareholder), Senior Management and the business lines.
It fulfils the role and responsibility of providing internal and external financial measurement and reporting on business performance to management and all areas of the global organization.
The Finance Department comprises 4 specialist teams:
1. The Financial Reporting Team produces management accounting information to aid the efficient and effective operation of the business and leads the annual business planning process, coordinates the external audit and produces the published accounts,
2. The Product Control area is responsible for the main financial reporting and control functions relating to the trading elements of MHI, including the valuation of the Company’s Balance Sheet. In this capacity it works closely with the business and Risk Management department both in London and Tokyo.
3. The Regulatory Reporting Team is responsible for monitoring and reporting regulatory capital and liquidity to Senior Management, the business and respective regulatory bodies in the areas the company operates.
4. The Tax function is responsible for tax policy, compliance, the management of the company’s tax affairs and interaction with tax authorities.
The primary responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- To assist in the production of presentations to senior committees, Head office and the Board, take initiative to re-design or develop existing presentations, and work with the businesses to determine and implement enhanced reporting documents
- Provide finance support to key divisional heads and other business managers – in doing so ensure Finance’s understanding of the business infrastructure is maintained
- Assist in the annual budget cycle and half-yearly reforecast, providing pertinent information to the composition of the budget/forecast figures
- Management of intern and secondee population across Financial and Management reporting teams, including participation in programme roadshows and interviewing
- Participation in Finance-wide projects, as required
- Involvement in balance sheet substantiation deep dives, as well as intercompany reconciliation
- Maintenance, documentation and collation of SOX evidence
- Provide ad-hoc support to line management, the team, divisional heads and other managers as appropriate in the resolution of queries, with supporting analysis
We are looking for experienced professionals who wish to restart their career in a high performing environment. The supported returners will be provided with bespoke training covering financial products, Microsoft Office products and bespoke coaching around confidence, presence and resilience. We will also provide the supported returners with many opportunities to build relationships with colleagues and senior leaders from across the company. In addition to this you will have access to a wide range of centrally funded development opportunities and we’ll work with you to prioritise the best courses for your needs. The team will also provide on the job training for your particular role and external support if required. We have a strong focus on mentorship and you will be given a buddy and a mentor to support you in your return to work.
Skills and Experience Required
We are looking for strong team players with experience in or related to either management reporting or financial accounting, with previous experience in budgeting, ideally within investment banking and financial services sector.
We are looking for professionals who are qualified in either ACA, ACCA or CIMA, with excellent communications and PowerPoint skills.
You will be supported in developing a good understanding of the relevant business areas for your role and related financial products.
As a relatively small company all of our roles are broad and you will work with a variety of stakeholders across the department and the Company – flexibility of approach is therefore key.
You will be required to build strong stakeholder relationships across the Company.
It is important to us that our people demonstrate our pillars of success of winning spirit, inspiring trust and diversity of thought.
If you have excellent leadership and communication skills, strong problem-solving and analytical skills and are looking to return to work on a permanent basis following a career break of at least two years please do get in touch.
We champion a flexible work environment, as we understand the need for people to meet other commitments or simply strike a good work-life balance. As such, we are happy to talk flexible working for this role such as four days per week, a nine day fortnight or reduced working hours. The role will also include regular homeworking. Applicants will have had a career break of at least two years or more.
At Mizuho International we are committed to supporting equality and diversity, and seek to create a workplace that is fully inclusive. We welcome applications from all sections of the community that we operate in and from all ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation, beliefs, gender identities and disabilities. We particularly encourage applications from experienced female candidates who are currently under-represented within our candidate pool, however this is not a requirement for the hire.
Applications are open until 30 November 2021 with interviews taking place via zoom in December. We hope for you to join us in January 2022 but can be flexible as required.
Applications will be screened as they come in so if you are available for interviews before mid-January please indicate so in your application.