An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Reward and Benefits Assistant to join our HR team on a part-time basis (21 hours per week). The sucessful candidate will provide effective and professional Reward and Benefits support to the Firm and assist the Senior Reward and Benefits Manager in the day to day operational Reward and Benefits administration. They will contribute to cyclical processes (salary review and benefits renewal) and support with the delivery of the Firm’s wellbeing strategy. In addition the post holder will be responsible for helping the wider HR Team deliver the annual and ad-hoc Reward and Benefits projects and activities.
- Administration of the end-to-end new starter and leaver benefit processes. This includes working closely with our third party administrator.
- Manage the new joiners benefits administration, including benefits enrolment, pension auto enrolment and preparing new joiner payroll data.
- Prepare Reward and Benefits communications for key processes for new joiners, pension contribution changes and updates on wellbeing initiatives.
- Responsible for supporting with the delivery of wellbeing initiatives. Including sourcing and liaising with providers, drafting communications, monitoring attendance and participation and any other duties as required to deliver the wellbeing strategy.
- Support the Senior Reward and Benefits Manager with tracking expenditure and reconciliations of invoices.
- Responsible for running regular Firm-wide HR reports; including the preparation of monthly benefits payroll, monthly pension report and any ad-hoc reports as required by the Firm or Operational HR Team.
- Provide a first point of contact for all reward and benefit queries (i.e. password/login queries for benefits portal and access to benefit providers).
- Provide efficient administrative support throughout annual Reward processes, including salary/bonus review, benefit renewals and promotion.
- Provide collaborative support for other members of the HR team as required.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as reasonably required.
Essential and desirable criteria
Strong IT skills with experience of HR databases (Cascade desirable), Outlook, Excel Word and PowerPoint
Experience of working in a busy HR environment at Administrator level, preferably in a professional services environment
Reward and Benefits experience is preferred
Excellent organisational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines whilst maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy at all times
A strong team orientation with the ability to work independently
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Professional approach and appearance with complete confidentiality at all times
Penningtons Manches Cooper is a leading UK and international law firm which provides high quality legal advice tailored to both businesses and individuals. We address the specific objectives of each client through our flair and technical expertise and offer a personal service founded on a strong team ethic.
Today, we have UK offices in the City of London, Basingstoke, Birmingham, Cambridge, Guildford, Oxford and Reading while our growing overseas network stretches from Asia to America through our presence in Singapore, Piraeus, Paris, Madrid, Sao Paulo and San Francisco. With 141 partners and over 850 people in total, our main areas of practice are dispute resolution, corporate and commercial, real estate, private client and family.
We have established a strong reputation in a variety of sectors, particularly private wealth, shipping, technology and property. Our lawyers are also recognised for their expertise in life sciences, education, retail, sports and entertainment and international trade. In these areas, we're acknowledged for our unparalleled market insight.
By joining forces with the partners and staff of Thomas Cooper in July 2019, we have added significant depth to our core practice. The move builds on the expansion of our litigation and arbitration offering and has introduced us to the maritime community in which Thomas Cooper has long been a key player.
Our continuing commitment to excellence is backed by a track record which dates back nearly 300 years. We pay great attention to matching your requirements with the right skills, delivered cost effectively and within the appropriate timescale.
Among our clients we count multi-national corporations, public companies, professional partnerships, banks and financial institutions as well as private individuals, owner managed businesses and start-ups. We are conscious that our culture and close working relationships are vital assets and we are determined to maintain these as we increase in size.
Our broad international focus is supported by well-established links with law firms throughout the world. Penningtons Manches Cooper is a member of Multilaw and the European Law Group, networks with representatives in over 100 countries, and many of our lawyers play leading roles in various international bodies.