Job Title: Business Analyst
Corporate Title: Vice President
Department: Risk Management Risk Change
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs over 27,000 staff worldwide. Nomura's unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking).
The Risk Management Department at Nomura is broadly organised according to the main risk classes; Credit Risk Management, Market Risk Management, Operational Risk Management and New Products/Business.
The Risk Management team works to provide a firm wide capital management framework, which takes into account the availability and cost of capital, its effective utilization within and across business lines and the overall capital adequacy of the firm. Risk Management's key activities include ensuring transparency and effectively managing market, credit, liquidity, concentration and tail risk within the risk appetite of the firm and monitoring the effectiveness of capital utilization through the use of limit structures, with an emphasis on stress testing and risk adjusted returns on capital efficiency measures.
As part of the substitutive global Book of Work covering both regulatory and incremental business change there is a requirement for a strong delivery focused business analyst to work across a number of initiatives on a global basis.
Nomura has achieved Global IMM waiver status, although continues to roll-out the same to each applicable Global entity (seeking to get IMM approval from the host regulator at each phase). This Waiver covers both SFT and Fixed Income business, whilst we have a separate Waiver covering the Equity business with the UK PRA.
Role Description: Business Analyst
Reporting to the Programme Manager, role will comprise the following responsibilities:
* Facilitating the gathering of business requirements detailing current and best fit future state requirements for tactical and strategic solutions balancing speed to market, cost and benefit delivered.
* Work with the key stakeholders (business, quants and Risk IT) to ensure all requirements surrounding the end to end process are clearly understood and appropriate, clear solutions are designed, documented and implemented.
* Translating requirements into functional/non-functional requirements and collaborating with development teams for them to produce the technical design. Validate requirements through interrogating data sources.
* Own body of work, acting as single point of contact with development teams if/should questions arise during the build. Escalate issues to the Project Manager and follow the appropriate governance structure of the programme.
* Develop "best practice" analysis documentation standards to clearly define and communicate the business requirements and design & implementation of the most appropriate solutions to meet those requirements.
* Support data analysis needed to determine and finalise requirements.
* Understand key regulations (e.g. BCBS 239) to ensure requirements are in line with regulatory guidelines.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
* Risk Management experience in a trading book environment.
* Experience working on Risk Projects (either Credit or Market or both) as a Business Analyst.
* Knowledge of key risk metrics such as VaR, PFE, EPE.
* Proven experience facilitating the elicitation of requirements from end users and translating them to user, functional and non-functional requirements for Development Teams. Work with development teams (IT) to clarify that design meets requirements.
* Functional and User Test case preparation and execution to validate requirements delivered.
* Detailed knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Project & Visio
* Understand Risk data structures (Logical and Physical) and be proficient in SQL and ideally Python
* Working knowledge of multi-dimensional cubes e.g. SSAS, ActivePivot preferable.
* Attention to detail and high quality standards of documentation, processes and control environment.
* Excellent communication and organisation skills.
* An ability to influence people.
* Strong analytical skills.
* The ability to be a "self-starter", working without supervision and a proactive approach. Candidates must be open to challenges from their peers and must be willing to work under the direction of peer team members who may be leading pieces of work.