MS Amlin is part of a global top-10 insurance group MS&AD, with three main legal entities' operating in the Lloyd's, UK, Continental European and Bermudian markets. We have an enviable reputation for our customer knowledge, claims service and the specialist insurance and reinsurance expertise we apply. We provide the type of security leading organisations need to break new ground, innovate and offer life-changing services and amenities to some of the world's most challenging regions. Our record extends back over 300 years and today we have more than 1800 people in more than 20 locations worldwide.
We are experts in underwriting, with both technical capability and deep knowledge of the areas we insure. Our claims service aims for equality, with efficient, fair and timely claims management.
We're going through an exciting period of modernisation and transformation for which we need entrepreneurial thinkers to help execute our strategic vision for growth. We're on a dynamic path and we need you to help shape it.
MS Amlin is committed to taking a flexible approach to working, with a Work Life Better scheme to allow our employees more control over when and where they work, while still continuing to meet our client demands. This flexible approach continues into our benefit scheme, with a competitive package and attractive lifestyle fund.
MS ABS is a Global organisation covering Legal, HR, Facilities management, Marketing, IT, Risk management, Compliance, Finance, Investments, Actuarial, BMI underwriting, Procurement, Claims and Outward insurance.
Our job is to build the best Business Service capability possible, by ensuring our experts have the tools and support they need to do their jobs to the best of their ability.
The RPA Centre of Expertise was formed as a pilot in May 2017. In 2018 the Centre of Expertise was formally launched, focused around the automation of identified processes within MS Amlin, using an agile development and deployment methodology.
The Centre of Expertise works in close collaboration the Operational Excellence, IT operations and the business entities that MS ABS supports to automate processes/tasks with the aim to optimise human capital.
The RPA Developer will work closely with other team members and the business to automate processes and deliver innovative technological solutions end-to-end. This RPA resource should ideally have strong development experience with RPA toolsets, but primarily UiPath.
Key responsibilities and Results Areas
- Understand user requirements and develop/configure and implement technological solutions
- Design, build, test and implement process automation using RPA and other toolsets available
- Engage effectively with Business Analysts and co Developers to understand business requirements and work on technical design of RPA solutions
- Engage effectively with multiple stakeholders across Technology and Business SMEs
- Deliver RPA project deliverables through the automation lifecycle
- Analyse and solve complex business problems with speed and efficiency and develop technology solutions to these problems
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure RPA priorities are aligned to overall strategy and business need
- Create Process Design and Solution Design and Support Documents
The Operating Environment and Context of the Job
The business' strategic vision and point of differentiation is customer intimacy in the delivery of all its service to customers in all its markets. With respect to the RPA Centre of Expertise, the business needs to ensure that its use of innovative technology supports all operational delivery, client service plans and growth plans. RPA is a core aspect of this strategic business objective in respect of the necessity to minimise operating risk.
The challenge faced by the RPA Centre of Expertise is to maintain a stable, robust and secure RPA service whilst at the same time providing a responsive and flexible capability to accommodate changes that will help the business grow to meet the demands of the business strategy.
The role supports the RPA Developers in the design, development and support of RPA solutions, ensuring the impact of change is considered from a holistic view (End to End process, system, data and people) and that innovative technology can be delivered in an incremental and agile fashion whilst adhering to all applicable audit and regulation imposed.
With the implementation of the SM&CR (Senior Managers & Certification Regime), the Financial Services and Markets Act gave the FCA new powers to write conduct rules and apply them to all employees within a firm. The Conduct Rules set basic standards of good personal conduct and the role holder will also be expected to perform these to the highest of standards and in accordance with the Conduct Rules as specified by the FCA, as follows:
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
Further critical success factors of the role are;
- Planning Organising and Integrating - What is the requirement to undertake managerial activities such as planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling resources? And how is this integrated in the organization?
- Problem solving- Complexity of problems encountered and the degree of freedom/constraints afforded to the role to resolve
- Accountability - The extent to which the role decides on measures and actions to be taken and the degree of influence the job has the end results. This includes budgetary controls.
- Stakeholders - Which interaction is needed, with which individuals, groups, inside and/or outside the organization?
- Communicating and influencing -which interpersonal skills are required to communicate with and/or influence individuals/group: Communicating; Influencing others; Change behaviour