What will I be doing?
As part of KCOM wholesale & networks community, you will be working within a talented team of security people, specifically focused to deliver firewall change management.
You will take a lead on the analysis of proactive Security Intelligence, working with technology Subject Matter Experts as necessary to determine impact, risk and probability in the context of the affected system and environment. Such intelligence could include, Security advisories from vendors, Outputs from Health checks and Output from vulnerability scans.
Some of your key accountabilities will be:
• Perform technical validation of any submitted change request to ensure the integrity of the customer’s network is maintained.
• Document all change activity, to include scope of works, risk assessment, test plans and fall-back plans where appropriate.
• Maintain in-depth technical and procedural knowledge and records in relation, systems, sites and equipment, providing prompt and accurate information, advice and guidance to SMC engineers, field engineers, TAC, Service Delivery Managers and other interested parties.
• Assist with the transition to in-life of new customers and services, within the dedicated customer network and also to decommission services on termination.
• Provide technical advice and supervision to In Life Onsite Engineers and others as and when required, so as to develop their capabilities and ensure customer service standards are met
• Attend nominated SMC Account Service Review Meetings when required to do so, to provide a technical interface to customer network support representatives and technical assistance to the Kcom Service Delivery Manager.
• Provide on-demand technical escalation to Incident Management personnel ensuring customer problems are resolved or that service is restored in accordance with service level agreements.
• To attend internal and external (customers) Change Advisory Boards (CAB), influencing customer decisions and best practise.
• Attend customer premises when necessary to facilitate and progress complex, high risk change activity.
What do I need to do this job?
• Qualified Cisco CCNP user – Security
• Qualified Cisco CCNP user - Routing and switching
• Desirable but not essential - CISSP
We are looking for individuals who:
• Can work unsupervised
• Perform well under pressure
• Works well on own initiative
• Have the flexibility to support the business
• Have the ability to build rapport quickly
• Have strong customer service skills
• Are able to present information clearly and accurately
What you will get from KCOM:
We are as passionate about our people as we are about our customers.
You will have access to an outstanding range of flexible benefits you can pick and choose from such as; exclusive discounts and savings with top retailers, contributions to your pension fund, life assurance and private medical insurance. You will be entitled to a generous holiday allowance and your birthday off work.
We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements, including options such as part-time work, remote working, job sharing or compressed hours. We have employee engagement forums, onsite facilities and services to support staff from all backgrounds.
At KCOM we celebrate diversity: We are an equal opportunity, disability friendly, lifestyle and orientation supporting, inclusive employer and everyone is welcome. Values are important to us as is the ability to work flexibly and the opportunity to progress and develop as a person and in your career. We want everyone to realise their potential and are committed to providing an environment which support this. We want KCOM to be a great place to work for everyone.
Who are KCOM?
For us, it’s bigger than broadband.
KCOM has been in the heart of the Hull and East Yorkshire community since 1904.
We're proud to be rooted in East Yorkshire and committed to delivering the world's best broadband service to the region.
We are an innovative, award-winning company that is committed to providing a friendly, helpful and world class service to our customers by putting them first. All of our people are responsible for giving our customers the best impression and experience of KCOM.
We completed the first stage of our Lightstream full fibre network - making Hull the fastest, most connected broadband city in the world in 2019. Now we're expanding our award-winning network to bring the benefits of full fibre broadband to even more homes and businesses across the region.
We are a business that thrives on working collaboratively to bring innovative ideas to fruition and continually striving to be the very best at what we do in order to keep our customers connected.
KCOM reserve the right to close this vacancy before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you submit your application as soon as possible.
We are only accepting direct applications to this vacancy and therefore no agency applications will be accepted.