- A Security Consultant in our Swindon head office
- £42,370 to £61,201 a year on a permanent, full time basis
- Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
- Send in your application by 12th April 2019
Nationwide is committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment, and to developing work practices and policies that support work-life balance. As such, we welcome applications from those looking for flexible working and part time hours albeit this will need to be reviewed in the context of the operational requirements of the role.
Nationwide is currently going through a period of dynamic change introducing new and cutting-edge solutions to enable our customers to interact with us in the digital age. This new opportunity has arisen in Security to support the evolving demands being faced.
Who we're looking for
As a Security Consultant you will have experience in a similar role within an IT Security and/or Information Security environment.
You’ll as a minimum:
- Be motivated and passionate about your subject
- Have experience of identifying and assess risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly
- Have the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Have the ability to deliver work within tight timescales and to a high quality
- Be an excellent team player but able to work on your own initiative
- Have experience in one or more of the following; IT, IT Analysis, risk and control or audit environment
It would be nice if you also had:
- Good working knowledge of PCI-DSS
- Knowledge of GDPR
- A recognised Security Qualification(s)
What you'll be doing
As a Security Consultant within the Advice and Assurance Team you will be accountable for ensuring this change is delivered in a secure and compliant manner.
You’ll be working in a friendly and established team of Security professionals, supporting everything from local area initiatives to major corporate transformation projects; enabling projects to comply with Security controls along with scheme and regulatory requirements such as PCI-DSS and GDPR; helping to ensure that the impacts of these policies are minimised.
The key responsibilities will be to:
- Support these changes with advice on IT Security, Data Privacy, PCI-DSS, Physical and Information Security
- Complete detailed risk assessments ensuring that threats/risks are identified and managed appropriately
- Have a good understanding of current and emerging security threats and defences within the industry and how these can be applied within Nationwide
- Provide projects with oversight to ensure all Security requirements have been met, providing detailed risk assessments and ensuring appropriate action is taken
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work for us
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.