We are looking for a Security Consultant to join our Third Party team on a job share basis.
• Based at our Head Office in Swindon
• Salary £42,370 - £61,021 pro rata (dependent on current package and banding)
• A permanent 14 -21 hour per week contract
• Flexibility to work hours to suit – dependent on delivery pressures
• Closing date 22 February 2019
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society, one of the largest savings providers and one of the top three mortgage providers in the UK. At Nationwide our values are underpinned by the need to put our customers first. This is a driving force in every area of our business, making it an essential requirement if you’d like to work for us.
Security is critical to everything we do: ensuring our members, their data and money are secure. Operating within our security department you will be working in a fast paced and challenging environment alongside a large team of professionals who are fully committed to managing constantly evolving security risks.
Who we're looking for
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated individual experienced in assessing the effectiveness of security controls. The person must be able to demonstrate a good working understanding of security risks across the supply chain.
With strong stakeholder management and influencing skills up to senior management level, the successful applicant will also be able to demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills working across several business areas including legal, procurement and our project teams. The individual will also need to work closely with their job share ensuring any shared responsibilities and handovers are well managed.
The applicant should be a good team player who is supportive of change and proactively contributes to improving and maturing team processes, seizing opportunities to become more effective and efficient as new initiatives, regulations and threats emerge.
As a minimum requirement the successful applicant will have:
• A good understanding of the procurement process and supplier lifecycle
• Proven ability to negotiate successful security outcomes in supplier contracts
• Experience of assessing supplier’s security posture based on desk top analysis and questioning
• The skills to support business areas to work with their suppliers to monitor and maintain ongoing effective security controls
• A strong ability to break down often complex security matters and relay them back in a simple, easy to understand, jargon free manner
It would also be desirable for the successful candidate to have one or more of the following:
• Ideally a relevant security qualification, such as CISSP; CISMP; CCSP
• Experience within a Financial Services company or related industry
• Understanding of Cloud; GDPR; e-Privacy risks
What you'll be doing
Working within our third party team, the successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring third party suppliers operate robust security controls and comply with relevant legal, regulatory and scheme requirements. Where necessary escalating issues for early insight and resolution.
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
•Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
•Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
•Life assurance worth 8x your salary
•24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
•The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
•Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
•Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work for us
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.