We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
WE HIRE PEOPLE.
Real-life humans, each with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities and background and body that is completely individual. Together, all these unique humans make Gymshark stronger.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably applying for or considering applying for a job with us, and we want you to know that Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. For us, that means we always, and will always, strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment and that we do not, and will not, tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Are you our next Senior Android Engineer? Our engineering team is wholly responsible for the development of our 15 (at the time of writing) online stores, associated applications, integrations, and software. We are an agile team applying the company’s ethos, ‘Be a visionary’, to the engineering aspect of the business.
As a supporting function, the Tech Team has a practical application and operates the Scrum framework to deliver highly scalable user experiences to our customers and to the rest of the business. However, with the introduction of our mobile applications, Gymshark has moved into the Tech company space offering digital products through mobile platforms for the first time. As a senior engineer, you will make a significant contribution to codebases and delivery mechanisms involved in delivering the requirements of the business and, working with Scrum masters, ensuring the team lives agile values and principles day-to-day.
- Making a significant contribution to the development of our client-side mobile application codebases; ensuring best practice, innovation, DRY principles, and code standards are developed and adhered to.
- Coaching and building the capability of more junior engineers to anticipate and pre-empt organisational and engineering issues; as well as delivering performance within the mobile engineering team.
- Actively encouraging process improvement on a sprint-by-sprint basis through increased team velocity and process changes to the betterment of the team.
- Ensures that there is alignment between the Android mobile engineering team and product ownership on delivery expectations.
- To understand and anticipate the need for change by using data and analytics, diagnosing the underlying issues, and builds the case for change to the Head of and lead roles.
- To contribute to processes that support the engineering strategy set by Tech leaders.
- Will partner with product owners to ensure that expectations are managed, delivering projects as required as well as ensuring that key deliverables are met within the specified timelines.
- To work ensuring project work is progressing within agreed timelines and that the team’s autonomy is maintained while aligning with the aims of the business.
- Driving consistency of approach across the Tech team to present a united approach to the rest of the business.
- Working collaboratively with Tech colleagues to mediate and remove obstacles on behalf of the sprint team to ensure sprints are successful.
- Contributing to a united data approach within the business by ensuring mobile applications contribute to a united master dataset.
- Maintaining a clear and detailed knowledge of the industry trends, best practices, and innovation ensuring that we remain a world leader in our field and actively build Gymshark as a technology brand.
- Strives to monitor and challenge existing Tech and mobile engineering processes to continually improve our output in both mobile engineering and the wider Tech team.
- Contributes to ideation, problem-solving, and innovation happening within the mobile engineering team.
- Participates in relevant projects, championing as appropriate Gymshark’s reputation as a world-class organisation and employer of choice.
- Experience in software engineering preferably with a considerable number of those in an Android mobile engineering role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Agile practices and the Scrum Framework and its application and delivery.
- Extensive experience with version control systems and centralised code management and/or equivalent.
- Understand one of the following mobile engineering languages; Java or Kotlin.
- Knowledge of the Android Development platforms and associated systems (such as Play Store, certification processes, hardware, and operating system SDKs, package management, etc).
- Demonstrable knowledge of CI/CD and build pipelines for client-side software.
- Jira: A candidate must have a working knowledge of Atlassian Jira and must be able to demonstrate the application of the Scrum framework using Jira as the primary tool.
- MS Office: A candidate for this position must be highly proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint, which are all necessary for the creation of visually, and verbally engaging materials, reports, presentations, and proposals for departmental heads and management, senior and junior management, stakeholders, and business partners.
- Experience in influencing departmental heads into the adoption of ultimately beneficial Tech processes and strategies.
- Must be capable of tailoring even the most complex messages for different audiences in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both Tech colleagues and the wider business, translating complex technical concepts into simple terms where required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members to deliver immediate tasks.
- Agile to change and pragmatic, you'll be a collaborative team player and be comfortable working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment where identifying needs, providing solutions, and adding value is a prerequisite.
- Commercial Awareness and a creative problem solver with the ability to think laterally and understand the cost and value drivers within a competitive business environment.
- First-class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Keep up to date with external trends and best practices in mobile engineering, innovation, and client-side software more broadly.
When normal office working resumes, our expectation would require candidates to attend to travel to GSHQ, Solihull, UK occasionally.