CDL is one of the UK’s leading software development houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a consistent track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
At CDL, we have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved in.
Our Agile Journey
Here at CDL we do Agile at scale with a focus on delighting our customers while constantly investing in our staff and driving for a collaborative culture. Over the last few years our transformational Agile journey has seen us become one of the top tier software houses in the Northwest, we aim to be the very best. If you have a passion to uncover better ways of developing software, this opportunity offers a key role within our Development function to facilitate the accelerated evolution of our lean agile practices.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Business Analyst you will be an important member of the product family utilising your collaborative team skills communicating and working alongside DevTestOps teams to produce a product with quality at its heart.
Working as part of a cross functional Agile software engineering team, you will work closely with senior internal and external stakeholders to identify and analyse business requirements and support application and process changes through the delivery lifecycle. You will coach, mentor and bring on other analysts and co-ordinate analysis across teams.
- Requirements – Elicit and document business requirements, writing user stories and working with the Product Owner team to ensure that there is a prioritised backlog of work for your software engineering team.
- Solution Definition – Work with stakeholders and software engineering teams to define and propose solutions to business problems.
- Documentation – Produce documentation including diagrams using relevant diagramming tools. You will evaluate new tools and techniques and implement new processes.
- Communication – Ensure effective communication with internal and external stakeholders with a focus on intended value outcomes and business impact.
- Technical and Commercial Knowledge – Maintain an excellent knowledge of design processes, tools, analysis best practice and architecture of CDL applications.
- Individual Development – Take ownership of your personal development, ensuring that your objectives align with the company strategy.
- Continuous Improvement – Contribute to initiatives and continuous improvement of working practices both within the analysis community of practice and your software engineering team. Champion changes that deliver value and align to CDL values and mission.
- Collaboration – Work with other senior and lead analysts to own the Analysis Community of Practice, sharing your experience and knowledge with other analysts. Collaborate and contribute in Agile ceremonies, facilitating where required.
- Coaching and Mentoring – You will coach and mentor other analysts, ensuring that they are constantly learning and adding value to CDL.
- Extensive business and/or systems analysis experience.
- Full understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a cross functional development team.
- Understanding of Agile mindset and practices.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring other analysts.
- Demonstrable analysis skills and knowledge of design methodologies gained through formal training.
- An Insurance industry qualification, demonstrating knowledge of industry business practice.