Within Lloyds Banking Group, Insurance & Wealth Chief Operating Office (IWCOO) provide critical services to the Group's customers, supporting them with their Insurance and Wealth needs. We're responsible for delivering outstanding service to our Life, Pensions and Investments (LP&I), General Insurance (GI) and Wealth customers.
Within IWCOO, our primary focus is our customers and colleagues. We're passionate about making a difference, whilst always keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. We're continuing to improve customer experience, simplifying our business and making IWCOO a great place to work.
We will also consider part time applicants however the training (up to 9 weeks) will be full time.
Bringing your Customer Service skills you'll work within one of the following three areas of the business: Workplace Pensions, Retirements or Protection, from our Edinburgh hub.
Our 300+ strong Workplace Pensions team, of both front and back office contact centre colleagues, provide dedicated, end to end support to Members, Employers and Advisers of active, Scottish Widows Workplace Pension schemes.
Our team are predominantly currently working from home. We do however, expect to return to an office environment, albeit under a new way of working, later in 2021, subject to both government and Group guidelines.
Workplace Pensions attained CCA global standard v7 accreditation in 2020. This is an industry leading award for customer service organisations who have demonstrated the latest customer focused approach in creating and developing the best environment for the delivery of customer service excellence. We're continuing on our transformational journey to be industry leading in the service we provide. We're looking for professionalism and the ability and passion to influence advocacy, confidence and trust from our customers.
Retirement has changed - it doesn't necessarily mean stopping work, and can often bring the prospect to do new things. Now that our clients have greater freedom and flexibility with their retirement savings, they need a pension product that lets them make the most of this and we, in Retirements, facilitate this. Retirements focuses on building engagement with our customers by helping them to understand their product, their options and any implication of choices, so that they can feel confident and in a position to make an informed choice, in whichever part of the pension lifecycle they are in. We take our Customers through the journey of saving for their future, to a key point where they start to draw down on their pension.
Within Protection, Health Claims and Bereaved, our purpose is to make it easy for our customers to identify their Protection needs and plan for the potential unexpected events in life. We do this by providing easily accessible, market leading products and services to our customers that evolve over time with them.
Working as part of this team, you'll be responsible for helping our customers by answering a range of telephone enquiries. You'll be providing information on our Life, Pensions or Investment products and services, acting promptly on all customer instructions and ensuring that records are fully up to date and accurate.
What we'll do for you.....
We'll provide you with in depth, comprehensive training and help you develop the required knowledge of our products, processes and systems. Our customers are truly at the heart of everything we do, and we'll equip you to resolve customer queries, take ownership and provide first touch resolution where possible.
If you enjoy building lasting relationships with both customers and colleagues, strive to support your team to be the best and are hungry for phenomenal career opportunities, this is the role for you.
In addition, our colleague reward package can be completely tailored to suit your lifestyle. You'll benefit from a wide selection of options to fit your individual needs; including a host of flexible benefits, private healthcare, colleague share schemes, pension schemes etc- and you can even choose to buy or sell your holiday allowance!! Not bad hey?! We also offer much more than that - career development, flexible and agile working and the opportunity to do something different using your "Day to Make a Difference" to benefit the community.
A flavour of your key responsibilities will include.....
- Take ownership of customer enquiries, utilising your skills and decision making in an efficient and effective manner, providing the highest level of customer service
- Empathise with, listen and understand, to improve our customer's experience, raising any barriers which may hinder a seamless customer experience
- Demonstrate the relevant skills to place the customer first and observe proper standards of market conduct
- Effectively comply within the Customer Treatment standards, including internal policy guidelines and external regulatory guidelines, to ensure a robust and consistent approach, to make the right decisions and do the right thing for our customers
- Remain abreast with training to equip you with the appropriate skills and knowledge to remain competent in role
- Align with the Colleague Conduct Rules, putting customers' interests at heart and take personal responsibility for conduct in the workplace
- Take ownership for your personal development and performance, and regularly assess and develop individual performance during coaching, feedback and 1:1s
- Recognise the need for an inclusive and caring environment, where all colleagues feel welcomed, valued and able to contribute. Embrace differences and treat both colleagues and customer's as individuals.
- Live the Group's Values and Behaviours and Codes of Responsibility
What you'll bring to the role…..
- A passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Life, Pensions or Protection background would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- A pro-active approach to personal development and learning
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
In order to meet regulatory requirements under the conduct rules, the Group expects that all colleagues applying for, or undertaking a role which is covered by these rules, must abide by them at all times. You must keep the interests of customers and clients at the forefront of your daily activities and exercise appropriate skill, diligence and integrity in all aspects of your role to avoid any breaches of the conduct rules.