We are a leading boutique data consultancy looking for an ambitious and experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team. Flexible location (must be based in UK), with great benefits and opportunity to work on a wide range of exciting projects for some of Europe's best-known brands.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications, If you have the right match for this opportunity, then make sure to apply today.
We are looking for an experienced, driven, and hands-on data engineering consultant to join our growing consultancy and lead the delivery of data engineering projects.
You will come equipped with hands-on expertise of both on-prem and cloud-based environments and have a clear understanding of the opportunities and challenges presented by both. You will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment and be comfortable working across multiple projects.
You will be required to bring strong technical skills within data engineering, data design, data development and data solution prototyping. You will have performed one or more of these roles on multiple large-scale projects and be looking to further expand your skillset and exposure to the latest tools in this space.
Key to this role will be the ability to take ownership of highly technical data challenges, with an unrivalled attention to detail. You will thrive on complex data challenges, working both independently and through collaboration with team members to find elegant and efficient solutions.
Key outputs for the role
- CICD: Build clear and effective continuous integration with continuous deployment, enforcing automation in build, test, and deployment.
- Data strategy: Utilise industry knowledge to provide clear and concise recommendations for the evolution and improvement of the client’s data ecosystem.
- Solution design: Provide pragmatic and balanced data solutions that deliver strong business value whilst ensuring outputs are fit for handover into BAU.
- Prototyping: Building data prototypes and presenting these to the stakeholder to gather feedback.
- Documentation: Developing high quality documents alongside all solutions, both technical and business.
- Testing: Managing quality control and testingto ensure outputs are acceptable and will be trusted and accepted by users.
- Stakeholder relationships: Building strong working relationship with stakeholders and understanding their needs so we can design meaningful, impactful, and pragmatic solutions.
- Presenting: Creating and delivering compelling presentations that communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner.
Required Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of cloud and on-prem data ecosystems and technologies (Google Cloud or AWS)
- Significant hands-on SQL experience across multiple environments
- Experience designing (including 3NF, Kimball to build effective data models), developing, and building effective data pipelines in an enterprise environment.
- Proven technical decision maker and able to solve data engineering challenges
- Experience in scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Perl
- Strong CI/CD principles, with applied knowledge
- Experience working in an Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- Experience in working with tools such as DBT is desirable
- Proactive, dynamic, and driven by delivering quality work, with a great eye for detail
- Takes accountability and ownership of tasks, and finds the best way to solve problems
- An excellent communicator who can make sense of and communicate complex ideas
- Ability to quickly understand client context and demonstrate expertise in their business
- A relationship builder, with the ability to motivate and engage effectively to build trust with clients and colleagues
- An interest in industry trends, emerging technologies, and client’s businesses
- Generous company and personal performance-linked bonus scheme
- Flexible hours and remote working
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- BUPA Health Insurance
- Commitment from us to continued learning and development- training courses/conferences supported
We are an ambitious, independent, and dynamic business that has an excellent track record developing talented individuals professionally and personally through mentorship, client-side experience, and industry exposure.
Culture is a very important part of life here at Intuita, and something we are consistently looking to grow and improve. It is expected that the successful candidate will play an important role in helping to define and evolve this, bringing fresh perspectives to help ensure Intuita continues to be a fantastic place to work for all its staff.
We are a diverse and inclusive, close knit team where everybody has a voice. There are always opportunities to get involved, learn new skills, apply new technologies and gain new perspectives.
Employee wellbeing is important to us; therefore, we offer an environment that supports individuals including flexible working, mental health first aiders and readily available support through an external mental wellbeing provider.
Once you have submitted your application we will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
If you require any support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org