About Man Group:
Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $112.7bn* of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices and operates across 25 jurisdictions. Our business has five specialist investment engines, which represent the range of our capabilities: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM.
These engines house numerous investment teams, working collaboratively within the framework of Man Group, with a high degree of investment autonomy. Each team benefits from the strength and resources of the firm’s single operating platform, enabling their primary focus to be seeking to generate alpha for clients.
The teams invest across a diverse range of strategies and asset classes with highly specialised approaches, with long only and alternative strategies run on a discretionary and quantitative basis in single and multi-manager formats. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we engage in close dialogue with our investors as strategic partners, to understand their particular needs and constraints. Man Group’s investment teams are empowered and supported by our institutional infrastructure and technology, which aims to facilitate the most efficient exposure to markets and effective collaboration across the organisation.
Through the Man Charitable Trust and sponsorship of the Man Booker Prizes, Man Group is committed to promoting literacy and numeracy on a global scale, and to supporting charitable causes more broadly.
Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.LN and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Further information can be found at www.man.com. As at 31 March 2018, all investment management and advisory services are offered through the investment “engines” of Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets (GPM).
We are looking to recruit a Senior Desktop Engineer at Man Group in our London office. The Senior Desktop Engineer will be responsible for planning, architecture, implementation, scalability, Security, advanced support and overall day-to-day management of the Desktop environment.
- You will act as a technical authority across multiple technologies evaluating technical proposals and suggesting implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- The team is responsible for the design and ongoing management of the global Windows desktop estate, packaging all Windows 7 / 10 applications using APP-v and standard MSI packages and maintaining associated Infrastructure.
- They are also responsible for all design / architecture elements pertaining to the Desktop platform, such as McAfee and Lumension Device Control. The team also manage the Apple MAC estate.
Man Group is committed to providing the best working environment possible for all its employees and, as such, we support professional training and development as well as requests for flexible or part-time working.
The specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide 3rd line / 4th line support of desktops and laptops for a predominantly Windows-based environment with some Mac laptops (approx. 5%)
- SCCM design and implementation
- Management of the Windows and Mac Desktop estate - Image creation / Deployment / Patching / Remediation and Upkeep
- Citrix Remote access design and implementation
- Group Policy design and implementation
- Automation: creating scripts where possible to improve desktop support processes
- Ensure adherence to architectural and ITIL standards
- Develop innovative solutions for improving the user experience, security, and management of desktops and laptops
- Act as Desktop Subject matter expert (SME) to support strategic initiatives and tactical deployments
- Innovative with willingness to challenge the status quo
- Ability to juggle multiple, potentially conflicting priorities in high-pressure situations
- Analytical, structured thinker and problem solver
- Strive for continuous improvement, proactive about root cause analysis and long-term viable solutions
We are looking for candidates with a combination of the below knowledge and technical experience:
- Microsoft SCCM 2012 / Current Branch
- VBScript / PowerShell / HTA
- VMWare ESX Server / vRealize Orchestrator
- Knowledge of encryption technologies, BitLocker, Endpoint Encryption etc.
- Windows 10, Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
- Windows Updates / SCUP / WSUS
- Advanced troubleshooting of the Windows desktop: - Deep Event Viewer analysis / PerfMon / WinDBG / SCCM log files.
- Security Patch remediation
- Microsoft SQL Server / Queries / Reporting
- Device Control / AntiVirus Solutions
- Microsoft Group Policy and Profile management
- Windows hardware drivers and how they are integrated into a Desktop Build.
- Desirable Knowledge / Technical Experience:
- JAMF Casper Admin Suite
- Apple OSX
- C#, Perl, VB.NET, ASP.NET
- McAfee EPO, Symantec AV
- Applications Re-packaging
- Office 365
- Azure; AWS
- Desired Qualifications: MCSE, CCV-P
Benefits at Man:
Man Group also supports many charities and initiatives through the Man Charitable Trust, which aims to create positive change by supporting charitable organisations that focus on raising levels of literacy and numeracy in the UK and by offering employees opportunities to invest their time and expertise in charitable initiatives. Employees are offered two 'ManKind' days of paid leave per year that can be used as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme or in support of any other charity/not-for-profit organisation.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments and on-site flu vaccinations. To support our employees' extracurricular interests, we have a music room with a piano and guitars that can be booked by anyone, and we also offer lessons on-site.
Man Group employees receive a daily food allowance, which can be used in our staff restaurant. The restaurant has several theatre-style cooking stations, a sandwich bar and a coffee shop (all of which can cater to special dietary requirements), and free fruit is available from the kitchens on each floor. We also have a subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme with a wide range of discounts, all of which help us to ensure that the firm is a great place to work.
In addition, Man Group sponsors the Man Booker literary prizes and hosts several internal events with the authors to celebrate these awards. The prizes underscore Man Group's charitable focus on literacy and education and together with the wider charitable activities of the Booker Prize Foundation, the prize plays an important role in promoting literary excellence on a global scale that the firm is honoured to support.