New Financial is an ambitious and growing capital markets think tank founded in 2014 to make the positive case for bigger and better capital markets. We are currently hiring a Senior Editor to oversee, improve and expand our content of around a dozen reports a year and write-ups from around 30 private events a year.
Ideally this role would be structured as a part-time position for a more experienced candidate looking for flexible working arrangements: for example, working five hours a day from 9.30am to 2.30pm, working 3 days a week, and possibly some working from home.
The role would be suitable for someone with at least three to five years’ experience as an editor, ideally in business or financial journalism and would include the following:
- Managing and planning our editorial output
- Writing and editing succinct thematic summaries of the discussions at our events
- Helping to plan, write and edit our in-depth research reports
- Helping to select what data should be included in research, and how best to present it
- Writing and editing comment pieces and blogs
- Working with our team of researchers to develop their writing and data presentation skills, shape their ideas, and edit their work
- Writing and editing newsletters for our members
- Helping to develop new editorial products
The role will be based at our offices in Green Park in central London, with an immediate start.
Working day: 9.30am-6pm (or potentially a part-time role from eg. 9.30am to 2.30pm / three days a week)
Location: Offices in London W1
Period of work: Permanent contract, full or part-time from July 2017
About New Financial:
New Financial has already built a strong reputation as an independent authority on capital markets with policymakers and industry leaders across Europe. This is reflected in the senior level of our speakers and guests at our events, invitations to speak at industry conferences, and organisations such as the Bank of England, EBRD, European Commission, HM Treasury using and citing our research. Our work has been widely covered in the media including the FT, The Economist, the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg and Reuters.
We are a small team of two partners, four researchers and three support staff. The Senior Editor would have substantive work to do from day one. Our office has a collegiate atmosphere, so there is plenty of opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills and increase their responsibilities quickly.
For more details on our work and examples of our research, visit www.newfinancial.eu
- You will have at least three to five years’ experience as an editor, preferably in business or financial journalism
- You will have an interest in the confluence of banking, finance and politics
- You will be a naturally talented writer and love writing
- You will be motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic and intellectually curious
- You will be numerate and have a decent working knowledge of Excel (and keen to develop this)
- You will have a strong understanding of data presentation
- You will pay great attention to detail
- You’ll have all necessary paperwork and permissions to work in the UK
To apply for the Senior Editor role, send your CV and a short cover letter including, why you are interested in the role, some thoughts on one of the reports on our website, and two or three examples of your published articles
to Maja Bijelic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include 2018 EDITOR in the subject line of your email.