Senior Finance Analyst – A&H
(Internally known as Senior Operations Analyst)
Crawley, 12-14 month Fixed Term Contract
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer, with operations in 54 countries.
We are committed to having a diverse & inclusive working environment and will consider applicants who are interested in working Full time or flexibly. Our minimum requirement would be from 80% FTE over a 4 or 5 day working week. We can be flexible for candiates interested in earlier or later start times to accommodate any personal commitments. We can offer options to work from home on occasion, however not on a set or regular basis.
The primary role of the Senior Operations Analyst is to provide financial information, analysis and support to the A&H business by providing financial information, reviewing, interpreting, analysing and generally supporting the Business in a timely and effective manner. This will include retrospective activity (Actuals for premiums booked, expenses, P&L etc) as well as prospective activity (Planning, forecasting, financial estimates etc). The role will help ensure income and cost items are being captured correctly through analytical review and that management understand the financial dynamics of the business.
This role requires strong financial analysis skills and good communication & influencing skills. You need to be pro-active and have an investigative approach with the ability to add value to the business through reporting & Analysis that can be presented to the business in a clear professional style.
The role is based in Crawley and works closely with a second Senior Operations Analyst and with the A&H Finance Director. The role also works closely with the A&H senior management team, business managers, the UKI A&H business leader and their direct reports.
Monthly reporting, accrual accounting, requests for information and trend analysis
Developing new reporting tools for existing processes, providing new reports, improving process.
Prepare the annual financial Plan (cycle running June-August) for the following year and quarterly financial Forecasts for the current year.
Elicit input from the field, aggregate the data, challenge/adjust, provide analysis and review schedules for management.
Obtaining feedback and adjusting review schedules. Working closely throughout the process with Field management and senior management, providing written analysis and feedback
Develop and provide regular variance reporting, track and monitor key metrics and communicate/explain business performance to senior management.
Identify causes of variances, provide analyses and build commentary.
Provide quality analysis and MI for the business.
Assess and proactively develop alternative reporting solutions that further support the decision making process ensuring that these are properly integrated with the existing reporting structure.
Interrogate financial databases to extract data for analysis
Ensure monthly income and cost items are correctly captured, challenge/escalate where necessary.
Work closely with business management to facilitate the financial support of the Business, providing regular reports and responding to ad-hoc requests.
Understand business drivers, challenge results and suggest corrective action if needed.
Work closely with business managers to provide analytical advice and make recommendations to influence strategic decision making where necessary.
Additional Information on A&H dept:
The Accident & Health Business in Europe currently operates in 15 countries with a GWP of $625m and 305 staff. The A&H Europe Regional Finance department functions as an integrated team within this highly specialised business unit providing Financial support to the both the A&Hheads for UKI & Continental Europe, and their Regional Team of direct reports in the Business, the heads of the local markets/their direct reports and other A&H Supportfunctions particularly Underwriting.
What skills & experience are required?
- Qualified, Part qualified or actively studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification e.g. ACCA, CIMA.
- Advanced Excel skills to formula, macro, Look-up and pivot table level.
- Good understanding of relational database techniques and analytical packages e.g. QlikView, COGNOS.
- Relevant experience in a business partnering or business/finance analyst role
- Experience in management accounting and analytical reporting against large volumes of data.
- Experience of driving new analytical reports & implementing new ideas
- Budgeting & forecasting experience with variance analysis.
- Experience of data extraction & manipulation.
- Experience in communicating across all levels of both finance and non-finance staff including senior management.
What can you expect in return?
- Competitive salary & pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to purchase 5 additional days
- Private Medical cover
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Life Assurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Comprehensive Learning & development offering
- Employee resource groups: Gender Equality Network, Abilities & Wellbeing, Social Mobility, Parents & Carers, Pride Network, Cultural Awareness Network.
- Networking, mentoring & development opportunities.
- 1 day annual Charitable leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active Sports & social committee
- Employee Assistance program
Integrity. Client focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients. A business that’s engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that’s collaborative and supportive.
Diversity & Inclusion. At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.