Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
This role is expected to assume some of the following responsibilities:
- Provide training to the accountants / assistant accountants on the preparation of the statutory accounts working files and review the files ensuring that they are produced to a high standard and regular and constructive feedback is provided
- Prepare statutory accounts working files for large or complex companies
- Prepare and review draft statutory accounts, both UK and overseas, to a high standard in line with local regulations
- Liaise with the third-party providers to provide information, manage expectations and review statutory accounts ensuring that they are in line with local regulations.
- Manage statutory accounts software package and provide training to the team as required
- Oversee and review of the iXBRL tagging of Statutory accounts
- Assist with providing information requested by Group Functions, including Group Finance, Group Treasury, Group Tax and Company Secretary
- Reviewing of any work associated with dormant & non-trading entities,
- Completion of the monthly financial accounting cycle for relevant companies which includes treasury entities and head office companies
- Assist with hedging, share based payments and share match accounting
- Liaise with a provide information requested by both internal and external auditors
- Prepare and review assigned Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation and review of daily and monthly treasury transactions
- Assist with monthly treasury compliance related work, including account limits, passport scheme, inhouse bank agreements and loan facilities
- Review of national statistic forms
- Ensuring all relevant controls are adhered to and that suitable monitoring of the RaCMs is in place.
- Assist with relevant project work and corporate simplification
- Motivate team to ensure performance metrics are hit
- Support Managers within the T&FA team to develop a plan for cross-training, working shadowing and rotation of responsibilities within team
- Provides coaching on both soft and technical skills within the team
- Encourage an environment in which people value diversity either in recruitment, team formation and/or in developing plans and strategies.
- Ensure that appropriate People Development tools are utilised throughout your team consistently and fairly to ensure optimum performance of all colleagues concentrating on both technical and soft skill development in conjunction with local HR colleagues
- Team admin duties such as absence management, holiday authorisations, timesheet approvals, appraisals etc
Management & Qualifications
- Strong academic background
- A qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA preferred)
- Statutory accounts and financial accounting experience is a must
- Be able to manage competing priorities and achieving deadlines, whilst delivering a high standard of work and supporting the team as and when needed.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of SSC processes and how these fit into the wider environment
- Excellent knowledge of working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.