We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
Are you our next Senior iOS Engineer? We’re looking for someone to join our Tech team, to help make a significant contribution to codebases and delivery mechanisms involved in delivering the requirements of the business, working with Scrum masters and ensuring the team lives agile values and principles day to day.
Someone who wants to be part of a team that lifts each other up; a team that fails together and celebrates together. Someone who likes each day to be different, the challenge of doing things differently, and the freedom to figure things out for themselves. We work hard, sure, but we have a laugh while we do it.
Sound like you? Here’s the role up close:
- Working independently with limited supervision in delivering business requirements through our mobile applications in expected timeframes and to standards.
- Contributing to processes to ensure projects are delivered to deadlines, and therefore budgets, you will also be contributing to innovation, DRY principles, and ensuring code standards are developed and adhered to.
- Coaching and building the capability of more junior engineers to anticipate and pre-empt organisational and engineering issues and delivery performance within the mobile engineering team.
- Actively encouraging process improvement on a sprint by sprint basis through increased team velocity and process changes to the betterment of the team.
- Contributing to the engineering strategy applied by Tech leaders to our mobile applications.
- Ensuring that there is alignment between the iOS mobile engineering team and product ownership on delivery expectations.
- Understanding and anticipating the need for change, diagnose the underlying issues and build the case for change to the Head of and lead roles.
- Partnering with product owners to ensure that expectations are managed, delivering projects as required as well as ensuring that key deliverables are met within the specified timelines.
- Driving a consistent approach across the Tech team to present a united approach to the rest of the business, whilst aligning with the aims of the business also.
- Working collaboratively with Tech colleagues to mediate and remove obstacles on behalf of the sprint team to ensure sprints are successful.
- Using data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of tools and understand the landscape for further improvement.
- Continuously driving improvements in tools and policies through external market trends, insight and internal best practice.
- Contributing to a united data approach within the business by ensuring mobile applications contribute to a united master dataset.
- Maintaining a clear and detailed knowledge of the industry trends, best practices, and innovation ensuring that we remain a world leader in our field and actively build Gymshark as a technology brand.
- Striving to monitor and challenge existing Tech and mobile engineering processes to continually improve our output in both mobile engineering and the wider Tech team.
- Contributing to ideation, problem-solving and innovation happening within the mobile engineering team.
- Participating in relevant projects, championing as appropriate Gymshark’s reputation as a world class organisation and employer of choice.
- To have at least 5 years experience in software engineering preferably with a considerable number of those in an iOS mobile engineering role.
- Demonstratable knowledge of Agile practices and the Scrum Framework and its application and delivery.
- Extensive experience with version control systems and centralised code management.
- To be a must be expert in one of the following mobile engineering languages; Swift or Objective-C.
- Intimate knowledge of the Apple iOS Development platforms and associated systems (such as Appstore, provisioning processes, Human Interface Guidelines, hardware and operating system SDKs, package management etc).
- Demonstrable knowledge of CI/CD and build pipelines for client side software.
- Jira: A candidate must have a working knowledge of Atlassian Jira and must be able to demonstrate application of the Scrum framework using Jira as the primary tool.
- Ms Office: A candidate for this position must be highly proficient in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, and PowerPoint, which are all necessary for the creation of visually, and verbally engaging materials, reports, presentations, and proposals for departmental heads and management, senior and junior management, stakeholders, and business partners.
- Experience in influencing departmental heads into the adoption of ultimately beneficial Tech processes and strategy.
- Must be capable of tailoring even the most complex messages for different audiences in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Must be self-motivated, be proactive going beyond the call of duty, have a keen eye for detail, be result-oriented, and have an ability to work stay calm under pressure and in uncertainty inspiring the same in the team.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both Tech colleagues and the wider business, translating complex technical concepts into simple terms where required.
- The ability to thrive with a minimum level of supervision, strong project management, time management and prioritisation skills.
- To be agile to change and pragmatic, you'll be a collaborative team player and be comfortable working in a high pressure, fast paced environment where identifying needs, providing solutions and adding value is a prerequisite.
- Commercial Awareness and a creative problem solver with the ability to think laterally and understand the cost and value drivers within a competitive business environment
- First-class interpersonal communication skills, excellent judgment, analytical skills, and a high degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
- You'll be the type of person who keeps up to date with external trends and best practice in mobile engineering, innovation and clientside software more broadly.