The role will help support the Cost-to-Achieve (CTA) portfolio, a key initiative delivering the commitments under the Group Transformation Programme (GTP), which aims to reshape underperforming businesses, re-deploy capital to higher return areas, reduce costs, invest in automation/digitisation, and simplify HSBC to increase agility and pace of execution. Given the nature of CTA.
Partner with regulatory change and other regulatory SMEs to understand new and revised regulatory requirements, codes of practice etc. ensuring changes and impacts are disseminated to the appropriate businesses, functions and / or jurisdictions.
- Maintain contact with key Stakeholders and Compliance Management to identify, communicate and escalate status, progress, risks and issues incl. material and significant breaches or potential breaches of regulations.
- Assist with policy decisions and business solutions so that key stakeholders are bought into decisions that optimise effectiveness for HSBC.
- Analyse stakeholder goals vs. regulatory requirements to effectively manage expectations and address any misalignment.
- Conduct investigative work on specific issues, incidents or regulatory concerns as they arise as an integral element of a forward looking risk management framework.
- Assist functional and line management in resolving compliance matters and requests which arise across Global Markets Compliance.
- Play a leading role in the Global Markets team's delivery of outstanding performance in resolving compliance matters and requests which arise in business areas.
- Liaise with other Compliance areas the firm, auditors and infrastructure departments in relation to compliance matters in the UK and overseas jurisdictions as needed.
- Provide training to business areas on procedures and practices necessary to achieve compliance.
- Provide compliance support and input as required to team members undertaking the Global Markets Due Diligence approval process and to respond within agreed timescales.