Senior Planner – Birmingham
The exciting opportunity:
We are currently looking for a Senior Planner to join our team in Birmingham.
Our team focuses on planning and development consultancy work throughout the UK. We have a wide range of clients including major residential and commercial developers, national corporate and academic institutions, local authorities, major occupiers, plus individual land and property owners.
We guide clients through all complexities of the development management and planning policy processes, from pre-application and land promotion stages, to post-determination success, and through appeals and Judicial Reviews. We produce planning and development appraisals and also provide advice on CPOs, EIAs, Sustainability, Economic and Heritage Assessments.
In this role you will be working on and managing a range of schemes and developing client relationships.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• project management of a range of existing development management projects
• preparing or assisting with the preparation of strategic development frameworks and strategic plans
• working closely and collaboratively with partner consultancies and sub consultancies;
• attending meetings with clients, Local Authorities and other organisations;
• preparing or assisting with the preparation of planning applications on behalf of developers, landowners and architects;
• preparing or assisting with the preparation of planning appeals and participate in hearings and planning inquires;
• preparing or assisting with the preparation of planning appraisals for development sites;
• undertaking site visits;
• preparing or assisting with the preparation of representations for Local Plan consultations;
• invoicing clients, preparing fee projections and fee proposals;
You will be a Chartered Member of the RTPI or RICS (planning and development) and ideally have approximately 5 years’ experience, including private sector experience. Candidates with current local authority experience will be considered but will need to demonstrate previous private sector experience or knowledge.
You must be able to successfully manage competing demands, be self-motivated and a team player. You will also need to have excellent oral and written communication skills. The holding of a full UK driving licence would be advantageous.
We’re hard to pin down as a business. But while our work spans many disciplines - from consultancy to engineering and architecture to cost management, it’s united under a common vision. We see people where others see projects, and we recognise that when we design environments we impact lives. We’re here to show the magnitude of that opportunity to the world. To bring it to life for our clients and the customers they serve.
A career for the big thinkers:
Our vision needs people who see the bigger picture. Who bring their expertise to life with spark and imagination. And see possibility where others see limits.
Finally - and most importantly - you’ll be offered an environment where you can go anywhere. A highly competitive remuneration package; a pension scheme that matches up to 8%; the best development programmes in the industry; and a working culture where you can finally put your ideas and potential into practice.
If that speaks to you, talk to us!