Engineering at Gymshark is growing, massively, and we have huge ambitions! At around 40 engineers (don’t quote us…it’s growing weekly!) and part of the wider Tech team, we have some serious and exciting opportunities ahead.
As one of the UK’s fastest growing companies and being a true global D2C brand through our tech products, Engineering is very much at the forefront of everything we deliver to our passionate community. We are an agile team applying the company’s ethos, ‘Be a visionary’, to the engineering aspect of the business.
As a senior engineer you will make a significant contribution to codebases and delivery mechanisms involved in delivering the requirements of the business and, working with Agile coaches, ensure the team lives agile values and principles day to day. You should coach more junior individuals in best practice in engineering problems and influence self-organisation within the team to ensure team ownership and accountability for committed work.
You may know of us as a Shopify merchant, but we’re so much more. It’s true, we love Shopify and highly value our partnership with them, but we build our own infrastructure and applications and Shopify form part of the wider stack, which relies on the following technologies:
- ReactJS and the React ecosystem
- Swift and Kotlin for Native mobile development
- GoLang for our serverside and serverless applications
- AWS Infrastructure and Terraform for provisioning
- Kubernetes and Docker for some of our services and pipelines
- Java for our Quality Assurance Automation
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Make significant contribution to the development of our engineering infrastructure and associated codebases.
- Contribute to defining and embedding DevOps thinking and approach across the wider engineering team.
- Coach and build the capability of more junior engineers to anticipate and pre-empt organisational and engineering issues and delivery performance within the software engineering team.
- Actively encourage process improvement on a cyclical basis through increased team velocity and process changes to the betterment of the team.
- Contribute to building and maintaining DevOps thinking and enablement within the wider engineering team, providing resources and documentation to allow all engineers to build a deploy infrastructure within a safe, secure and managed environment
- Strengthen a cross-functional and collaborative environment across product, design and engineering and coaches a DevOps approach to our product development.
- Understand and anticipate the need for change, diagnose the underlying issues and build the case for change to the Head of and lead roles.
- Contribute to processes that support the engineering strategy set by Tech leaders.
- Is responsible for making improvements to processes and systems to enhance performance of the platform reliability engineering team.
- Work closely with the operations security team and apply policy and compliance to our DevOps approach through guidelines, standards and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with product teams and key stakeholders to ensure that expectations are managed, delivering projects as required as well as ensuring that key deliverables are met within the specified timelines.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Able to demonstrate detailed experience in software engineering preferably with a considerable number of those in a cloud-based environment.
- Experienced in building resilient, highly available architectures and applications.
- Extensive experience in building and managing infrastructure through code.
- Able to orchestrate the build and deployment of containerised environments and applications.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Agile practices and the Scrum Framework and its application and delivery.
- Should have extensive experience with version control systems and centralised code management.
- Should have extensive experience of online security standards, and best practices and take a keen interest in security.
- Must be expert in one of the following software engineering languages; Golang, C++, Java, Node or Rust.
- Extensive experience with version control systems and centralised code management.
- Demonstrable knowledge of cloud based environments and associated systems (such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure).
- Must have extensive knowledge of CI/CD and build pipelines for both server side and client side software.
- Keep up to date with external trends and best practice in software engineering, innovation and code based engineering more broadly.
Here are some of the perks we offer:
- Competitive 'Win Together, Lose Together' Bonus
- Full private medical insurance with no excess
- 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
- A truly Flexible Working Culture
- A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
- Employer pension contributions up to 7%
- Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
- 50% Gymshark Discount & Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
- Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
- Great Training and Learning Resources
- Choice of hardware and access to the best software
- Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
- Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS Campus Perks:
- Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
- Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
- Free monthly massages
- Beauty and Barber facilities
- Free on-site parking