Start with Data is a successful, self-funded data management consultancy that currently operates on a fully remote basis and emphasises creating business value from product data management. We work with many clients across retail and distribution, helping them delight their suppliers and customers with quality-focused product data processes, data governance, and technology. We add value to our clients across the entire product data value chain - from product data source identification and acquisition, product information management (PIM) and Master Data Management (MDM), through to product data syndication.
We are thought leaders in the product data acquisition, master data management and distribution space. You can read about some of our methodology and insights on our website.
In this client-facing role, you'll get to...
- Analysis of large, complex business processes and systems architectures across the product lifecycle
- Establish solution patterns & principles to guide the definition, solution design & delivery of client product data initiatives
- Solution architecture and analysis including the delivery of functional specifications, logical architectures, physical architectures, integration architectures
- Work closely with business and data architecture colleagues to ensure the solution is fit for purpose
- Run technology evaluations & selections for clients in the PIM and MDM space
- Consult and work with solution delivery teams offshore to ensure solutions meet business and data model requirements
Your profile as a Senior Consultant
You will be 7-10 years into your career. You will have established yourself as an expert in your domain. You would have extensive experience in contracting as an independent or experience in a mid-senior level consulting role in another consultancy. You will be expected to lead a workstream or a team of consultants, ensuring our methodology is followed. You will facilitate workshops and be confident in leading and pushing clients to drive consensus. You will plug yourself into our client and be great at client relationship and stakeholder management. Sometimes you will have to roll your sleeves up! You will also be comfortable supporting pre-sales activity.
You must have....
- Have experience in leading a solution architecture stream within a large, complex full-cycle Product Data Management (PIM) or MDM project
- Experience in Retail or Distribution businesses is a must
- Understanding of retailer and distribution operating models and processes across product & supplier management, data onboarding, enrichment, supply chain, eCommerce & Digital
- Experience in creating solution requirements documents, product backlogs, functional specifications and integration designs
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
- Experience facilitating client-facing workshops
- A strong logical understanding of the product data lifecycle and business challenges
- Experience with 1 or more PIM or MDM platform
- Experience in working through all phases in the Project lifecycle.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with diligent attention to detail and quality of output
- Experience in estimating solution analysis effort
- Experience working with distributed offshore solution configuration and engineering teams
Our Culture & Way of doing things
Our consultancy is a relatively early-stage startup, meaning we have a vibrant, exciting and dynamic work environment on our projects. We are highly entrepreneurial and value self-starters and solutions-oriented people.
As a senior solution architect consultant, you will be part of a Start with Data delivery team that consists of you, a data architect, a business analyst, a lead consultant & a number of solution configuration resources offshore.
- We generally work remotely and as such digital collaboration is paramount to the success of our projects
- You will be used to working on Slack, Jira, Confluence and Zoom (some of our clients prefer Teams).
- Our teams are multi-disciplined and relatively self-organising, so you will be used to operating in a flat, collaborative environment
Pay & Benefits
- We look for exceptional associates consultants and our retainer rates reflect that
- All of our contracts are outside IR35
- There are longer-term opportunities with our business, working with a variety of our clients, on a contract or more permanent basis
- We run a great referral scheme if you want to take advantage of your personal network
At this time we are not engaging with recruitment companies, if we do ever need to explore, we have preferred suppliers who are on standby.