Senior Support Engineer
What’s the job?
Our client is an award-winning, growing software company who are looking for an experienced support engineer to join a small team providing first-rate customer service to their international customers. The role will be based in our client’s offices in central Cardiff, with frequent travel to London plus occasional opportunities to travel to Europe and the USA. If you enjoy being part of a friendly dedicated team, evolving processes and delivering excellent customer service in 1st to 3rd line support, then this role is for you.
Who are we looking for?
This role is perfectly suited to an experienced support engineer who:
- Has proven LINUX experience
- Has the ability to evaluate hardware accurately, loading appropriate drivers and setting up hardware correctly
- Has knowledge of virtual environments and managing/exporting virtual machines to other environments
- Can demonstrate practical knowledge, problem-solving strategies and debugging skills
- Is process-driven, but able to innovate when new ways of thinking are required
- Is an effective manager of customer projects including upgrade planning, delivery and reporting
- Enjoys travelling to customer sites for meetings, or for product demonstrations and exhibitions
- Values teamwork, collaboration, trust and respect.
The must haves
The successful candidate will fulfill all of the following critical requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience in an engineering support role
- IT skills - formal training and qualifications would be considered a plus
- Excellent people skills when dealing with customers and colleagues
- Demonstrable clear presentation and communication skills in person, by telephone and email
- Capability of working with ticketing systems
- Physical fitness as occasional heavy lifting will be involved in hardware installation
- Prepared to travel overseas when required by the business
- Able to work non-standard hours on occasions when travel is required
The nice to haves
Although not essential, the following skills will be looked upon favourably by our client:
- Previous support experience in a large company
- ITIL qualified
- Speaking multiple languages
- Some Active Directory knowledge or Windows server administration knowledge
- Working experience in the broadcast/media technology sector
- SAN/storage system knowledge
- Relevant academic qualifications (HND, BSc, BTEC)
Our client is small Cardiff based company with a multi-national, welcoming and friendly team. They are an award-winning software company who focus on quality and offer first-rate customer service.
Where’s the job?
Within easy walking distance of Cardiff Central train station.
When would I start?
As soon as possible.
What’s in it for me?
The permanent package includes:
- Full time employment contract
- Salary of £35,000 - £42,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 25 days’ holiday + public holidays
- Company pension scheme
Taking the next step
If you like the sound of everything you have read, and feel you would be a good fit for this role, Sarah, Zina and Katie would love to hear from you.
All CVs are reviewed according to our client's requirements, therefore please ensure that your CV provides evidence that you fulfill all of the must have requirements before applying for this role, in order to be considered.
If your application progresses to the next stage, we will ask you to register with Resource Harbour as a candidate (if you have not already done so) and in doing so you will agree to us processing your personal data for the purpose of applying for the job role. During your registration we will collect and use information you in order to make our services available to you. Our GDPR Candidate Agreement is available here and we would ask you to read it and confirm your acceptance when registering with us.