Senior Surety Underwriter – (P/T, job-share or F/T)
Do you have a background in Underwriting UK Contract and Commercial Surety? Are you looking for a new opportunity to challenge yourself? We are looking for an experienced Surety Underwriter to join our team in our Mark Lane office, London, on a permanent basis.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
Reporting to the UK Head of Credit Lines, you will be responsible for:
- The facility and bond underwriting within individual underwriting authority and for providing recommendations for approval by credit committee for facilities and bonds outside of individual underwriting authority.
- Participation on credit committees with authority alongside other credit committee members to approve larger facilities and bonds underwritten by Zurich’s Commercial Insurance Surety Team.
- Negotiate bond wordings, indemnities and other recourse documents for new and existing facilities including negotiations with external solicitors and clients.
- Act as referral point for other members of the team for bond enquiries, indemnity and recourse documentation.
- Develop a pipeline of facility and bond enquiries through client, internal Zurich relationships, cross selling and broker relationships.
- Identifying and developing new surety products and target segments.
- Implementing new operational improvements.
Your skills and experience:
To be successful, we would like you to have the following:
- Experience in Underwriting UK Contract and Commercial Surety
- Financial analysis skills – ability to interpret financial statements to determine credit standing of Surety customers
- Knowledge and understanding of indemnity structures
- Ability to work within a team
- Knowledge and understanding of Surety Bond wordings
- Ideally with an established network of contacts in the UK Surety market
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
- 12% company pension contribution
- Car allowance of £5,772 per annum
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days (option to purchase more holiday via our benefits platform)
- Up to 15% bonus opportunity
- Full private medical cover
- £3,200 London allowance
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Discounted gym membership,
- Free flu jab
- Discounted gadget insurance
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or belief, disability, marriage/civil partnership, gender reassignment, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.