Informa is a leading business intelligence, events, and academic publishing business operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100. We operate in more than 30 countries and employ over 11,000 people globally.
Informa’s leading brands and expert teams create intelligence-based products and data-driven services, convene communities in person and digitally and provide access to cutting-edge research for customers working in specialist markets, worldwide.
The Tax & Financial Accounting team is a global team responsible for the preparation and filing of indirect and direct tax filings, statutory account filings and treasury back office functions. The role will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of service delivery in line with agreed timelines.
The ability to communicate well and build relationships quickly will be key for this role, as well as being able to grasp the structure of the organization and how we operate.
You will be responsible for the provision of accurate and timely financial information to key business partners, external stakeholders and Group functions.
- Preparation and review of allocated corporation tax returns (UK and overseas)
- Ensure overseas Corporate Tax compliance obligations are met, such as meeting filing and payment deadlines
- Review of balance sheet tax related reconciliations by set deadline
- Assist in the tax provisioning process and provide support to accounting teams in the completion of yearend, interim and month end tax accounting and reporting, include work for Group Tax.
- Assist with the preparation & finalisation of draft tax disclosures in UK statutory financial statements
- Monitor postings made to tax accounts and ensuring all journals are supported by appropriate documentation and correctly posted
- Assist with training the team and providing WHT guidance including approvals of write offs
- Maintain accurate working papers and documentation in accordance with department policy
- Liaise with tax advisors, both overseas and UK, as required
- Assist in addressing Tax authority queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with relevant project work (eg. acquisitions, disposals, restructuring etc)
- Assist with the provision of information for audit queries
- Assist with nonroutine ad hoc tax matters as required
- Assist and train T&FA Accountants where required
- Team workload management
- Motivate team to ensure performance metrics are hit
- Support communication structures across the team to ensure all key messages are communicated
- Support Managers within the T&FA team to develop a plan for cross training, working shadowing and rotation of responsibilities within team
- Provides coaching on both soft and technical skills within the team
- Act as a role model to others
- Team admin duties such as absence management, holiday authorisations, timesheet approvals, appraisals etc
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA preferred)
- Tax & Financial Accounting experience
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including a wide range of stakeholders within the business
- Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment
- Improves processes & systems
- Embrace a changing environment
- Problem solves within tight deadlines
- Be proactive and take initiative and encourage teams to do the same
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
- Ability to be self-sufficient as well as working in a team environment
- Act with integrity
- Excellent influencing skills
- Highly organised, diligent with attention to detail and the ability to maintain these skills whilst working under pressure
- Strong presentation skills
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Knowledge of SAP and Oracle system preferable
- Experience of people management preferable
Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA preferred)
Tax - CTA
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.