At Senior Director level, our client is looking for a highly experienced tax specialist, working with the application and operation of UK Innovation incentives regime. We are seeking someone with extensive experience working with corporation tax, specifically covering R&D to continue leading the high level of success the business has experienced ito date. All while identifying and championing any potential new tax service offerings that will help the firm diversify its current client base.
This role will requite you to work with key stakeholders within the business and external partners to excel the continuous growth of our business with a particular focus on the large scale corporate client base. You will also need to use your professional tax knowledge and experience to resolve any complex claim related controversies.
- Act as the lead for client engagement teams to refine claim methodologies used to support the R&D tax relief before their submission to HMRC.
- Oversee all technical and costing aspects throughout each stage of the clients engagement cycle.
- Assist teams with the successful delivery of projects within the tax and R&D portfolio, ensuring a high level of technical skill and business practicality to drive the approach.
- Build and develop strong business relationships with new clients, acting in a consultative capacity at all times and ensuring to manage expectations with transparency.
- Drive business development initiatives and proactively identifying new innovation and tax related offerings and pitch for new work, both domestic and international.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with both existing and new clients as well as with colleagues within the firm.
- Advise delivery teams and client service advisors for any complex HMRC enquiries.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Extensive experience in R&D tax relief and Corporation Tax, and its practical and technical application across HMRC claims.
- Excellent attention to detail, ensuring you can be relied upon as the final proof for all tax legislation and technical information within a report before its submission to HMRC or to the client.
- Strong communication skills which will enable you to convey a customer focused approach across all deliverables while maintaining an overall strategic foresight.
- Exceptional time, and project management, with responsibility for the lifecycle and turnaround of your own projects as well as those within the team.
- Experience working in a leadership position in which you are proactive in developing and facilitating the career paths and professional development of those within your team. Working with individuals from different academic and professional backgrounds with parity.
- Experience working closely with HMRC to define and agree claim methodologies and eligibility while working with flexibility to best tailor them to specific client needs.
- Acute awareness of areas or risk, with the ability to carry out reviews and escalate with appropriate solutions.
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course
- Strong capability with Excel to manipulate large and complete datasets with VLOOKUP, IF Functions and pivot tables etc.
- Working knowledge of various innovation incentive regimes such as Patent Box and Creative Sector Tax Relief schemes are essential.