We are looking for Senior Visual Designer to join a tier 1 investment bank for 12 months contract (PAYE). Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
Technology works as a strategic partner with our client's business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Our client's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses' and to our own.
UX Team has a requirement for a contingent worker to assist their global team based in the Glasgow office. Throughout your contingent/contract assignment you will be provided with a supportive and vibrant multinational environment, we accept individual differences and believe in collaborative team working.
The Senior Visual Designer will be responsible for the visual design of user interfaces for web-based, hand-held, and desktop applications.
The ideal candidate:
- Is detail-oriented
- Is fascinated with how the visual design of information systems impacts use and understanding
- Likes to create innovative visualisations of complex information and data
- Has proven client management skills
- Is comfortable with the User Centered Design process and looks for ways to improve it
- Understands and has opinions about current industry best practices
- Is experienced with designing transactional user interfaces
- Balances an academic interest in best practices with tactical solutions
- Desires to define innovative solutions whilst being commercially minded
- Manages client expectations and own time efficiently
- Enjoys collaborating with product owners and business analysts to design solutions
- Is experienced in creating Accessible designs
- Is experienced in creating and working with Design Systems
The Visual Designer will be need to be able to:
- - Follow an iterative User-Centred Design Processes
- - Work collaboratively in cross-disciplinary design teams
- Create detailed Interaction and User Interface Designs
- Create innovative visual language for User Interfaces
- Define and create Design Systems & Style Guides
- Essential Portfolio Required. Behance or Dribbble portfolios not considered.
- - Strong Visual Design Skills
- - Strong verbal and written and presentation Skills
- - Financial Services industry experience a plus Agile experience a plus
- - Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite, Figma Advanced (8+ years experience)
Whilst engaged on a contingent assignment onsite you will be provided with a supportive and inclusive environment. Our client's skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Interested in flexible working opportunities? Please speak to our recruitment team to find out if a flexible working agreement can be supported within this contingent/contract assignment Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.