An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Resource Deployment Manager, within the UKFS Resource Management team.
The role will require the individual to understand and monitor business performance and the issues and challenges facing the practice. Primary focus will be fulfilling engagement resource requests for our largest accounts. This includes working closely with senior stakeholders to meet financial and non-financial objectives. In particular, to optimise the utilisation of resources, improve performance and ensure Operational Excellence is maintained at all times. This is in conjunction with ensuring our people are provided with the best experiences to drive their careers.
An overview of the tasks is included below:
- Responsible for supporting and delivering end to end resourcing solutions to the client facing business.
- Supporting in headcount management and capacity planning, optimising the utilisation and chargeability of our client facing workforce, providing information to leadership on utilisation levels, key areas of availability, business performance and forecasting to support business decisions.
- Ensure Retain (Resource Management Tool) is accurate.
- Supporting and working with the Resource Management Deployment Lead and liaising with Competency Leads to challenge forward view and decide upon effective resourcing and deployment of staff.
- Supporting in monitoring and escalating availability of resources and work proactively with colleagues from across the Service line and the wider UKFS Resource Management team, to ensure utilisation is maximised.
- Analyse pipeline and proactively engage with pursuit team to understand proposed resource model, ensuring resource requirements are known and can be met.
- Work with the Resource Management Deployment Lead and liaise with the business, counsellors and HR to keep abreast of the development needs of all individuals in the group to ensure planning is aligned.
- Work with client facing staff to understand their skills and experiences for appropriate alignment of projects.
- Forecast financial performance and utilisation levels on a weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual basis using Retain (Resource Management Tool) and EY Financial Reporting tools.
- Assist in preparing, analysing and presenting Management Information to senior stakeholders on budget vs. actual, headcount, resource management and wider operational excellence metrics such as utilisation, Retain accuracy, timesheets
- Hold regular update meetings with the Resource Management Deployment Lead, key stakeholders, including Business Unit Lead and client facing staff to review management information and recommend action required as a result. Understand and communicate key business developments which may affect upcoming performance.
- Producing and maintaining various ad hoc and regular management information reports. Interpreting and acting on results.
- Undertaking ad hoc project work at the request of the Partners and/or Function Lead.
- Key contact for all client handlers, dealing with a variety of operational and support queries. Maintaining a thorough understanding of all business processes to be able to resolve or delegate queries
- Support the roll out of new initiatives, systems and processes.
- Proven resource management, business and operations experienced
- Understanding of a professional services environment and/or Financial Services sector ideal
- A high level of written and verbal communications skills, ability to extrapolate the "message" from the numbers, client focused and computer literate.
- Proven experience in managing multiple tasks, with effective prioritisation skills
- A strong team player who is self motivated, self reliant and results orientated.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.