This role sits within HR in a newly formed team and it's an exciting time to join, with an opportunity to play a key role in shaping and improving the experience of colleagues to achieve our strategic ambition of making HMRC a ‘Great Place to Work’.
Through the vision of a 5-year HR process and tech roadmap, we have ambitious plans to transform HR services with simpler processes and intuitive digital systems. This will enable colleagues in HMRC to have a straightforward and effortless experience when managing their working lives.
As an experienced Service Designer with proven track record in this role, you will be confident and competent in designing services based on user needs and organisational outcomes. We are looking for someone to join a multi-disciplined team where you will:
• Be trusted to make good decisions knowing when to ask
for further guidance and support.
• Decide what a good service flow and user experience
• Contribute to the development of design concepts.
• Be able to interpret evidence-based research and
incorporate this into your work.
Who are we looking for? / Responsibilities
It will be a fast paced, and exciting environment where you’ll be:
• Engaging with business stakeholders to identify needs, be able to breakdown business problems and offer
solutions. You’ll be flexible and responsive to proactive and reactive communications.
• Unafraid to take risks and appreciate the importance of timely project delivery.
• Adopting user-centred design principles, focused on outcomes which improve employee experience. Collaborating
with user researchers and represent users internally, understanding the difference between user needs and wants.
• Working flexibly as part of a team, receptive to changes in priorities and workloads.
Working knowledge of GOV.UK Standards. Have knowledge of GOV.UK standards and experience in delivering products within complex environments.
Effective working methods. You will have worked on multiple delivery projects, with an understanding of agile and waterfall methodology. You can see outside of a process and think creatively when solving issues.
Community collaboration. You know how to work collaboratively within a group, actively networking with others to have meaningful discussions. You can pull out project issues and provoke the right responses at the right time.
Digital perspective. You are unafraid of technological change. You understand the importance of assisted digital and inclusive services.
Delivery of an IT system or processes to an organisation.
Experience of designing the service of an IT project, system or processes to an organisation, you will be able to articulate the lessons learnt, your role and the methodology used.
Improving the employee experience.
Previous experience of designing services which enhance the employee experience within an organisation.
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- understanding constraints
- user-centred analysis
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension