The Engage Me Lab as part of Financial Planning and Retirement Value Stream, is creating a Native Mobile App to transform current digital experience in the pensions eco system by adding a new channel to our existing channels, to meet Lloyds Banking Group's vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
Our feature teams within the Scottish Widows Mobile App landscape will be building, integrating and delivering new products / journeys to our customers.
We have a brand-new opportunity for a Site Reliability Engineer in the Mobile App landscape, who'll work closely with our Engineering, Infrastructure and Enterprise/Solution Architecture experts to evangelise the importance of performance, reliability and resilience across the mobile app platform.
As an SRE, you'll be responsible for the performance, reliability and resiliency of our mobile app and you'll also mentor other engineers on the best practices of building robust and resilient applications.
Working in an Agile Environment to deliver new products to market, you'll collaborate closely with fellow Software Engineers, Business Analysts, Architects and Product Owners and hence strong collaboration and communication skills are key.
You'll make a difference:
- Bringing experience in running mobile/web applications with services on virtualised/hybrid infrastructure
- Possessing experience in dealing with monolithic and micro services based environments
- Defining/contributing to strategic direction for the infrastructure by identifying the best hosting solutions for new and existing applications
- Leading the transformation to infrastructure as code
- Applying the principles of software engineering to infrastructure and operations
- Leading/contributing to determining and implementing solutions for problems of scale including logging, monitoring, deployments, speed, and fault-tolerance
- Bringing experience in cost optimisation, capacity management, platform efficiencies, security, patching and maintenance
- Ensuring high platform availability
- Playing a key part in out-of-hours support of infrastructure and platforms
- Taking a lead role in integration with third-party solutions where appropriate/required
- Stewarding reliability as a feature through concepts such as SLOs and service maturity.
- Influencing/mentoring a wide range of colleagues on building robust and resilient applications
What we need from you:
- Proficient container based skills such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in building and running infrastructure for Mobile Apps including iOS and Android Continuous Integration/Delivery, Application Performance Monitoring and crash reporting
- Proficiency in shell scripting and pick the right tool for the job
- Experience in programming languages like Java/Python
- Knowing how to automate infrastructure using Infrastructure As Code tooling
- Possessing strong OS skills on Windows and Linux/UNIX
- Solid understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Deep understanding of Git, source code management and managing change.
- Incident response and/or incident management experience
- Experience in establishing/negotiating SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs
- Experience in a hybrid cloud based infrastructure (private and public could based set-up)
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Discretionary bonus between 0 - 40% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. And we're looking for people who can seize those opportunities; you'll get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things whilst helping you build the future you want.e role would normally be based out of our Edinburgh hub most of our Transformation colleagues are currently working from home and using collaboration tools to deliver key projects and innovative solutions for our customers.
While the role would normally be based out of our Edinburgh hub most of our Transformation colleagues are currently working from home and using collaboration tools to deliver key projects and innovative solutions for our customers.