Gleeson Finance are working on an exclusive basis with this SME in Rugby, to recruit a Company Accountant, on a part time basis. You will have sole responsibility for the finance function, and be the first in-house finance specialist. Reporting into the Director, you will help both steer and drive the business strategy, as well as managing the day-to-day accounts for the group, implementing internal processes.
- Provide support in the preparation of the balance sheet and profit and loss accounts for the month including analysis against budget, cash flow reports, commentary and summaries.
- Reconcile all bank accounts on a weekly basis.
- Review and input monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts.
- Prepare all balance sheet reconciliations monthly.
- Authorise and process purchase ledger, sales ledger and overhead invoices.
- Assist in annual setting of budgets, making payment allocation alterations during the year as required.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts to ensure that funding requirements are met for all bank accounts and adequate cash usage is optimised.
- Ensure all general ledger reconciliations are maintained on a monthly basis, with reconciling items cleared appropriately on a timely basis.
- Ensure month-end periods are closed in line with internal timescales.
- Complete and submit VAT returns and PAYE in line with HMRC timetables.
- Implement in-house finance processes and systems.
- Support the external auditors in the review and completion of the year end accounts.
- Provide financial information and business partnering support to Senior Management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- ACCA / CIMA Qualified / Finalist or QBE with strong relevant experience.
- Experience of managing the hands-on finance process within an SME business.
- Experience of general ledger administration and day-to-day use of a recognised accounting software system.
- Able to work autonomously, organising own work, prioritising own tasks.
- Strong numeracy skills - demonstrates attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy.
- Good IT skills - proficient in the use of Excel.
In return, you will receive a salary of C £45,000 full time equivalent, plus a range of benefits. This is a part time role around 2-3 days per week, or 5 days school hours (C 20 hours in total). You will have full flexibility to work from home if you wish, with occasional visits to the Rugby site. This is a great opportunity to implement your own practices, work autonomously, and be involved in the growth and strategy of the business.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please call Sophie Evans, Gleeson Recruitment, on or apply direct.