Reporting into the Head of Digital, the Social Media and eCRM Manager will lead and execute the social media strategy and the growth, continued engagement, retention and conversion of Go Ape email subscribers. They will be responsible for Go Ape’s owned and paid social media activity across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube. Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager, the rest of the marketing team and wider business they will set and lead initiatives to build our social media presence and relevance, grow our followers and increase engagement and effectiveness of our social advertising. With respect to eCRM, they will own the growth, strategy, activation & reactivation of Go Ape’s subscriber and customer base, managing, planning and executing ad-hoc and regular email campaigns.
The Social Media and eCRM Manager will build Go Ape’s social footprint and value of our subscriber and customer base. To do so, the following objectives have been set:
- Grow Go Ape’s followers and subscriber base by developing and implementing solid social marketing and eCRM strategies accompanied by supported processes and guidelines.
- Ensure email sign-up across multiple channels is being maximised to sustain targeted growth rates and accurately capturing data, keeping the database clean, consistent and up to date.
- Develop and maintain high quality and on brand content (including plan, calendars, etc) in line with brand attributes (TOV) across social platforms and email to sustain high engagement, brand interest and affinity towards an adventure authority.
- Set and deliver on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual KPI’s and reporting for social (followers, engagements, mentions, share of voice, sales, revenue) and eCRM (sales, revenue, actives, send, opens, clicks, unsubscribes, and movements into higher value segments).
- Track and measure Social Media and eCRM results taking on key learnings to shape and reshape strategy and continuously improve activity against competitors and industry benchmarks.
- Integrate social with CRM, other marketing initiatives and customer care.
- Explore, identify and stay abreast of new Social and eCRM opportunities/channels/innovations building a vision for Go Ape Social and eCRM based on an understanding of emerging trends.
- Define and manage Social and eCRM suppliers and local Go Ape teams ensuring best practices are in place.
The Social Media and eCRM Manager will think creatively and plan strategically. Covering both areas of Social and eCRM, 70% of their time will be dedicated to listening, researching, coordinating, analysing and implementing social marketing initiatives as part of digital and integrated marketing activity. 30% of their time will be about growing the Go Ape subscriber database and defining the overall CRM and Email strategy. Across both Social and eCRM, they will ensure the right tools and processes to successfully implement the Social and eCRM strategy, delivering weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts and results, drawing insights, identifying opportunities and adjusting strategy.
- Social Media
- Lead social marketing tactics (promotions/competition) fostering fan engagement and acquisition.
- Manage, develop, coordinate, and publish relevant content and conversations to serve consumer insights and needs.
- Develop a content calendar and plan social content, holding regular updates with marketing.
- Manage social platforms using our distinctive, knowledgeable, and friendly voice suited to an adventure authority such as Go Ape.
- Structure and conduct engagement with consumers through social media marketing channels as a means to spark positive interactions/recommendations for product sales and brand.
- Lead and oversee paid media with performance agency.
- Plan social customer care coverage & response rate, and crisis management on social working closely with PR and contact centre.
- Collaborate with key cross-functional groups to ensure social media is integrated into all activities including local Go Ape teams.
- Work closely with PR to identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with bloggers, super-fans, industry/sector experts and influencers. Shape brand stories and messages, and actively pitch those communications to the appropriate communities and online authorities.
- Manage documents and perform system administration such as permissions, content publishing, account management, analysis and other back-end tools.
- Optimise tags and feed titles on sharing sites like YouTube, communities, and search engines through copywriting, creative, anchor text, and keyword optimisation.
- Grow the Go Ape email subscriber base with high quality opted-in sign ups.
- Actively plan and carry out eCRM and Email initiatives, campaigns, projects, roadmaps and ongoing activity.
- Oversee all customer & prospect email communications, including regular/trigger-based emails, service emails and adhoc requirements, ensuring that all communications are delivered to brand guidelines.
- Manage and develop the different touch points to collect data, upload, maintain, segment and profile the database and ensuring data best practices align with GDPR.
- Use data and insight to identify opportunities and learnings (eg A/B testing) and to drive customer value and retention.
- Analysis & Reporting
- Analyse and report (weekly/monthly/adhoc) on the performance of social marketing and emails, reviewing results by tactic to proactively recognise and optimise interactions with audience.
- Develop best practices based on results, industry trends, and competitive audits.
- Gather insights from monitoring and analytics to define next-generation social marketing and eCRM opportunities.
- Use knowledge gained through analysis to inform forecasts, budgets for social media marketing and eCRM KPI’s.
- Ensure correct tracking and report on detailed campaign analysis, key trends and overview information on content and contact strategy performance.
- Digital Champion
- Lead the development of innovative and scalable social marketing and eCRM plans/programmes to optimise performance against key performance indicators.
- Educate on the latest social marketing and eCRM developments, emerging technologies & trends, competitive landscape, and consumer behaviours in order to proactively direct current and future opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree plus several solid years of social media marketing experience within a retail environment.
- Proven track record of executing social media strategies, content and leveraging data driven research/analysis to drive strategic direction, best practices and process improvements.
- Experience interacting within online communities and platforms, actively participating a brand on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with various social media marketing technologies, such as social listening, monitoring and publishing/CMS platforms, and practices to deliver an exceptional online consumer experience.
- Proven ability to manage and develop a team, and training staff on social best practices and strategic planning.
- At least a couple of years’ experience in an email marketing & CRM role within an ecommerce or email-led business.
- Experience working with CRM databases, email platforms and tracking, measurement and analytic tools.
Skills / Competencies:
- Good creative appreciation and copy writing skills with the ability to contribute fresh and innovative ideas.
- Strong analytical skills including familiarity with web analytics tools. Comfortable working with Excel and databases with a keen focus on customer insight, data and spotting trends and opportunities.
- Strong strategic thinking, leadership, and listening skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Results-focused with a demonstrated track record of making informed decisions quickly.
- Excellent oral, presentation communications and writing skills with extensive experience in all forms of written communication.
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working as a team player.
- Passionate about digital
- Keeping the adventure in adventure
- Encouraging 'I can't' to be 'I can'
- Always seeking to be two steps better
- Zero risk equals zero development
- To challenge, suprise and excite
- Build in customer delight
- Be socially and environmentally responsible
- Create worthwhile, rewarding jobs
- Do the right thing
• To be the best Adventure company on the planet - where you can be home in time for tea
• Creating adventures, encouraging everyone to live life adventurously