Reporting to the UK lead on socio economics within our Environmental Planning team, you will be responsible for undertaking socio economic assessments and regeneration studies, for projects ranging from major infrastructure schemes and large mixed use/ residential developments to community regeneration masterplans. You will liaise with clients and colleagues to prepare assessments and studies and be able to work independently preparing high quality reports.
As part of a growing and agile team you can be involved in some of the UK’s most complex, iconic and challenging projects that are diverse and technically demanding. These include major regeneration projects, garden cities, energy opportunities, infrastructure schemes and strategic land optimisation.
This role can be based from the workspaces in Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds, Croydon, Manchester, Warrington or Bristol.
Specific skills/experience required
- Experience in preparing socio economic assessments for Environmental Statements for infrastructure projects and developments
- Experience of advising on social and economic proposals and impacts as part of masterplans and feasibility studies
- Experience of working with colleagues to exercise sound technical judgement, and prepare high-quality reports
- Experience in socio economics and regeneration, as well as an understanding of the planning process and EIA
Specific qualifications required
- A degree, or equivalent, in geography, planning, economics or a related discipline
- Chartered or working towards professional qualifications in planning, economics or related profession
Personal characteristics and attitude
- Ability to engage well with internal and external stakeholders
- Organisational skills - ability to organise work to meet deadlines
- Analytical skills – ability to work to a high level of accuracy and to produce a high standard of written work