What’s the job?
We are looking for an application software engineer with a strong technical background and agile development experience (in software), to support commercial teams in a high tech company with a brand new product set. The role holder will be responsible for delivering software to meet customer and business requirements.
Who are we looking for?
Our client needs to appoint a self-starter who thrives in a small dynamic development team. If you are genuinely excited about new technology, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of engineers, scientists and doers, we want to hear from you.
Working experience, skills or qualifications in the following:
- Research and development of new applications to a Proof of Concept level
- Linux/embedded experience
- Development across a range of platforms such as embedded through to full stack development
- Growing and improving applications as needed to meet requirements
- A track record of being able to deliver new features within agreed timescales
- Experience of all aspect of software lifecycle and Agile projects
- Ability to communicate articulately, both verbally and in writing, to colleagues and clients
- BSc, BEng or similar degree (2:2)
- Strong interpersonal skills for building relationships with clients and effectively communicating with commercial teams
- Extensive knowledge of technologically sophisticated products in order to explain advantages and differentiators
The following technical knowledge and skills are not essential but would be advantageous:
- SQL (Postgres/MySQL)
- Unit test frameworks
- AWS – VPC, EC2, S3
- REST APIs and JSON
- Experience in interfacing with customers and commercial teams
- Cloud services, Edge Computing & REST APIs
- Docker, micro services and orchestration
- Wi-Fi protocols and networking
- Bluetooth, Zigbee
- Security architectures
- Being confident and persuasive when making presentations
A day in the life
This role will primarily develop software, but additionally may also support the sales/marketing/business development teams to:
- Understand the company’s products and articulate how they differ technically from the competition
- Provide input to technical parts of customer presentations explaining products or services.
Resource Harbour are representing a company that has developed an edge Compute platform providing a secure end-to-end solution to run applications at the Edge. Their experienced team is focused on the delivery of a world-class solution.
When you join their team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency.
Where’s the job?
Close to the train station in the beautiful centre of Georgian spa town of Bath, with on site bike storage possible. Some travel may be required and home working and part time may be considered.
When would I start?
Role to start as soon as possible, but they will wait for the right candidate if they know you are keen!
What’s in it for me?
Permanent package offered includes:
- Up to £65k per annum pro rata depending on experience
- Death in Service cover
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
Taking the next step
If you like the sound of everything you have read and feel you would be a good fit, Sarah, Zina and Katie would love to hear from you.