Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation
We're looking to recruit a Software Engineer to deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Able to continually develop themselves with industry standard methodology methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare chance to create a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit accurately into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Software Engineer mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and build an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
Want to know more?
- You'll have experience of mentoring others.
- You'll have a good level of technical maturity and is familiar with emerging technology within the engineering space.
- You'll be experienced in using and adopting a wide range of engineering practices and tools.
- Understand and direct how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within their Engineering discipline.
- Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices.
- Accountable for patterns and practices to be communicated across wider Engineering Community.
- Understand and ensure industry standard methodologies are understood by Engineering Community and related business functions.
- Develop own technical domain knowledge and take responsibility for own development journey and those of more junior Engineers.
- Has a working knowledge of a wide range of engineering practices and tools.
And as for your skills?
We'll need you to have four (or more) of these technologies:
.NET (C#, WCF, WPF), SQL Server (T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS)
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture passionate about making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
Sound like you? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...