We have a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our growing Mission Planning & Control Software team in Bristol on a Part Time basis working as part of a dynamic team to develop and deliver innovative solutions by exploiting a wide portfolio of software technologies.
What are we looking for?
- You have a sound understanding and use of Java, C++ or C#.
- You prefer a collaborative and open approach to software development having the ability to inspire others with strong communication skills.
- You have experience using software development tools such as IBM RTC, Rhapsody, DOORS, Jenkins, Artifactory and Sonarqube.
- It is desirable that you have a background in software engineering with experience of design methods such as UML, development practices and knowledge of software testing approaches. Experience of Agile methods of working is desirable.
- Ideally, you will have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering combined with experience in the development of software for customer delivery.
- Having knowledge of cyber security principles would be a benefit, but is not essential for this role.
What’s in it for you?
- We offer an environment for Software Engineers to thrive and innovate allowing both personal and technical development.
- We offer both technical and management career progression within the Software Engineering department with a wide range of future progressive roles such as Software Technical Support, Software Architect and Software Project Leader.
- The opportunity to work with a wide range of latest software technologies that are leading edge in the defence domain, across a broad range of weapon system products.
- Opportunities to work on research and development programmes within the mission planning software domain using new technologies, learning and building new skills.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- Developing and supporting a wide variety of software products across ranging from Graphical User Interface to Application level business logic.
- Working across new and existing software products building your overall product knowledge.
- Involvement in all aspects of the software development lifecycle with a supportive team.
What’s great about the team?
- The Software team is part of a wider multinational function. This offers the team a unique opportunity to leverage learning about different technologies and methods from the other national teams.
- We are a strong cohesive team, which is interactive and passionate about software technologies and development.
- We have an open and supportive approach to software development.
- We are always seeking to improve the way we work and deliver our products.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.