Job Title: Sourcing Manager (Non-IT Generalist), EMEA
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs over 27,000 staff worldwide. Nomura's unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking).
For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
Nomura's Strategic Sourcing team is responsible for aspects of supply and demand management across a range of IT and non-IT expense lines. This involves working in partnership with contract/project owners, senior internal client management and other support functions to (1) develop and execute sourcing and demand driven expense initiatives that improve the value the firm derives from external spend, and (2) mitigate the risks associated with external vendor engagements.
Duties of the Role
The role requires the management of Sourcing activities across a range of non-IT spend categories, which will include professional services. Experience in aspects of IT services sourcing would be useful but not essential.
- Influencing adoption of appropriate sourcing activities for new initiatives and renewals
- Leading RFPs and commercial/contractual negotiations
- Significant interaction with internal clients and external vendors
- Working as part of cross-functional teams
- Providing ad hoc task support to Head of EMEA Sourcing
Qualifications, skills & experience
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- CIPS desirable
- Extensive strategic sourcing / procurement experience in a blue-chip environment, with a proven track record of successfully leading commercial activities in various categories of spend
- Strong and experienced negotiator
- Excellent understanding of key contract clauses and risks related to relevant spend categories
- Is highly credible and able to influence external vendors and internal clients
- Self-starter, can work autonomously and manage multiple projects in parallel
- Can contribute to and/or co-ordinate cross-functional teams
- Can drive projects to a conclusion while maintaining a high quality of task delivery