- A Strategic Planner based in either our Swindon or London office
- £42,370 - £61,201 per annum dependent on skills and experience
- Flexible working conditions considered
- Please send in your application by 11th November
At Nationwide, our membership is at an all-time high. But we want to continue to grow by helping more people hear about the benefits of banking with a building society.
To do this, we need to communicate with a bigger voice and in a more joined up way internally and externally. This role is essential in helping us to direct our story. The Strategic Planner will ensure we have a clear view of who we need to speak to, a plan of how to reach them as well as what we want to say, while measuring what they have heard.
Flexible Working Conditions
All our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we are delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full-time hours basis/flexible working basis. Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and that we will be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we're looking for
Whilst this role will operate across our internal and external communications team, it’s not a traditional communications role.
We’re looking for a planning professional. An awareness of communications and the tools and methods used would be a good addition, but this isn’t essential - we can support you to build this understanding once in role.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have a depth of previous experience in a strategic planning role
- Evidence the credibility that you’ve established from being a strategic planning expert
- Demonstrate successful examples of challenging effectively and in a constructive manner, whilst maintaining good working relationships
- Have influenced improvements and pushed barriers by finding new and creative ways to strategically plan and drive a change
- Be used to operating in a multi-dimensional role
- Have an appetite for detail and be experienced in deciphering and distilling complex information into easily understandable and actionable plans, that are based on audience need
What you'll be doing
You’ll lead our strategic planning capability across internal and external communications. You’ll co-ordinate and facilitate the development of a joined-up communication strategy and plan.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day-to-day delivery of the plan, ensuring a more joined-up and collaborative approach to achieve goals
- Guiding the development of planning tools and processes required to achieve objectives
- Holding your colleagues to account in the delivery of strategy, ensuring milestones and deliverables are met
- Being a go-to source for best practice, thinking and ideas, specifically with regards to strategic planning
- Using insight to proactively input developments and updates into the communication plan, ensuring it is up to date and strategically relevant at all times
- Managing key stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally
- Preparing and delivering a quarterly planning conference, presenting the plan in a clear and engaging way. This will include exploring the previous quarter’s comms performance and collaboratively discussing the next quarter’s plan
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work for us
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.