• A Communications Assistant
• Based in either London or Swindon and will require frequent travel to both
• Salary range £17,682 - £25,541 per annum, dependent on skills and experience
• Flexible working options considered
• Send in your application by 6th November
We’re making some enhancements to the way our Internal Communications and External teams work at Nationwide. This will strengthen our ability to plan effectively to ensure a greater impact.
With that in mind, we’re looking to grow a team that will focus on aligning the strategy, planning and insight across both Internal Communication and External Relations.
This is an exciting time for communications at Nationwide;, there’s no questioning the sense of value that closer collaboration and better ways of working can bring about.
All of our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members really value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we are delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full time hours basis or on a flexible working basis.
Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours, part time and job sharing.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and also that we will be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be a flexible and proactive individual who is able to work independently and take accountability for your own workload.
You’ll be approachable and engaging, with a self-assured persona which enables you to work confidently with those more senior to you.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Be able to evidence the result of your excellent planning and organisation skills, demonstrating the ability to successfully own multiple competing deliverables
- Have a proven track record of working with a shared document storage site such as SharePoint (WSS 3.0), as well as HTML and CMS
- Have had some exposure to internal or external communications and the activities that go on in the behind the scenes to support such a function
- Be very proficient with all Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrate a great attention to detail and be used to problem-solving in your day-to-day activities
- Be someone who has experience of developing more efficient and innovative ways to carry out the work you do
What you'll be doing
You’ll provide co-ordination and administration support to strategy, planning and insight activities across the team.
Working mainly with Senior Managers across the Internal Communication and External Relations teams, you’ll assist them with strategic planning, insight reporting and enabling the production and delivery of high quality communications for the Society.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Supporting the upkeep, accuracy and function of the Society’s strategic communication planning tools
- Assisting in the creation of dashboard views of our planners to support the wider team strategically plan and reduce communication clutter
- Co-ordinating feedback mechanisms and managing reporting, collating results, undertaking own analysis and supporting with report compilation
- Setting up and managing SharePoint sites and other document management sites, including permissions
- Setting up document management libraries (with support)
- Organisation of key meetings, including agenda-setting and action management for communication teams.
- Helping with the organisation of events that fall outside of the remit of our Engagement & Events team
- Assisting with departmental budget management. Undertaking elements of financial administration such as obtaining quotes, raising purchase orders, processing invoices and providing support for budget management
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work for us
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.