We’re looking for an experienced Programme Manager to join our Programme & Controls Discipline in London which is responsible for supporting the delivery of organisational-wide projects for Monzo that underpin the delivery of our strategy. You will work closely with business owners to define and deliver end to end transformation programmes to the agreed time, cost and quality outcomes.
Ideally you’ll have experience of working in financial services across a wide variety of teams, including engineering, product, risk & compliance. You’ll be able to demonstrate critical thinking and management of large complex programmatic pieces of work. You’ll be part of a small team and will have responsibility for the management of 1 or more strategic programmes, ensuring these are delivered to scope, success measures and in a way that compliments our working style at Monzo.
Monzo is on an exciting journey to build a bank that makes money work for everyone. We started from scratch in February 2015 and we currently have over 4million customers. We’re focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products, making your financial life simpler, and giving you complete control from your smartphone.
You'll spend your time:
- Supporting the Programme Management Office (PMO) Director to deliver the bank’s strategic programmes
- Understanding, managing and communicating with key stakeholders, building commitment to achieving programme objectives
- Providing programme/project leadership through ownership and chairing of weekly project meetings
- Producing, managing and maintaining project/programme schedule plans -identifying and managing internal to project, cross programme and external risks, dependencies and issues
- Produce regular and ad-hoc status reports as required by the programme office
You should apply if you:
- Have broad end to end programme management experience within a financial services organisation, preferably banking
- Are well versed in project management techniques/methodologies (e.g. Prince, Agile, Waterfall)
- Are able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment and are used to working with colleagues at Director or C-Level
- Can demonstrate the ability to run complex projects and are comfortable creating business cases & presenting to senior stakeholders
- Have excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills; with ability to flex style and communicate impactfully - you are able to drive quick & effective change
Salary is Competitive plus stock options and other benefits.
This role will be based in our London office office longer term (with flexibility to work some days from home)
The closing date for applications for this role is 11th September 2020
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical written exercise and 2-3 on-site interviews at our office in London or remotely via hangouts. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.