Job title: Structured Products Middle Office: Structured Rates
Corporate Title: Analyst/ Associate
Location: Angel Lane, London
Working in the varied, inclusive and collaborative environment of Global Middle Office, responsible for controlling and supporting a broad range of trading desks and products, you will gain exposure to the numerous functions supporting the structured products businesses, working with experienced and senior stakeholders in managing the associated risks to deliver the best outcomes for the business.
GMO is a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding and innovative area to work in, providing exposure to senior management and stakeholders all based in London. We are committed to building GMO in London as a best in class support and control function fit for the challenges of the future. The successful candidate will be supported to develop and build the key skillsets required of the modern Middle Office Professional in a flexible, diverse and inclusive environment in which ambitious and driven professionals will be challenged and supported to develop and grow. The Structured Rates Middle Office Group supports the Structured Rates, Vanilla Options and Quantitative Investment Strategies Trading Desks. The team provide first class product and process support for these challenging and dynamic business lines that trade a full suite of complex interest rate trades and strategies. Structured Rates Middle Offices play a key role across a broad range of control and support functions partnering closely with Front Office stakeholders
- Provide the trade management and first-line support for Exotic Rates trading and structuring desks. Tasks include structured deal review, lifecycle management, query resolution, reconciliations and the production of the T0 Flash P&L.
- The team is central to all activity relating to the trading desks that it supports and therefore interacts regularly with a wide network of internal departments including, trading, structuring and sales, all other Ops teams, Product Control, MVG, Quants and Risk Management.
- Partner with the Front Office, Risk, Finance, IT and Operations teams to ensure our policies and controls are implemented and managed across the structured products businesses.
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the range of Bespoke and Structured Products Traded and their specific control and support requirements
- Understand, maintain and enhance processes utilising your knowledge of the product and transaction lifecycle. Partner with Front Office and other control functions to build and develop control and governance frameworks for bespoke and developing business lines
- Build and own key relationships with FO and other stakeholders to support and control business innovation and growth by participating and contributing in stakeholder governance forums.
- Manage demand and prioritise efficiently to deliver on the commitments and responsibilities across the CTB and RTB agenda.
- Build, strengthen and influence relationships across functions and internal GMO teams both onshore and offshore to create consensus and improve collaboration.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- You will have a strong knowledge and experience of Structured Derivatives in a particular asset class, preferably rates and the ability to understand complex financial products and structures
- Experience in a middle office environment, or equivalent control function.
- Have a deep understanding of investment bank products and processes with a track record of process improvement and development, and a high level of attention of detail.
- Have the ability to balance demand, thinking holistically around process change.
- Be a strong communicator, be able to build relationships and challenge stakeholders appropriately.
- Demonstrate agility and a willingness to adapt to and respond positively to changing trends and agendas, and demonstrate an ability to lead and inspire across your peers and directs.
- Knowledge of digital tools or programming languages is desirable (Python, VBA, SQL, Alteryx, PowerBI etc.)
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com