Running during the summer, our Summer Internships offer high calibre students the opportunity to experience work and life at PwC, and gain a valuable insight into our business and culture. You’ll work alongside graduate trainees and experienced professionals on live and interesting client projects. You will be doing real work on real clients so be prepared to get stuck in.
You’ll get to work closely with the best in industry, finance and government in the UK and abroad, bringing fresh insights and motivation to the problems they face. Our clients might want us to help them enter new markets; address the challenges created by organisational change; or draw up a sustainability strategy that aligns their commercial objectives with broader environmental and social concerns.
Strategy& is our Strategy Consulting practice. You’ll work on interesting and varied assignments – from helping a company identify attractive new markets, advising a private equity client on game‑changing investments, to supporting industry leaders solve their toughest corporate and mergers and acquisitions challenges.
We organise ourselves in two market-winning teams – Corporate Strategy and M&A Strategy. We work together to bring the best to our clients, and we offer a unique, powerful, and distinctive combination of capabilities that allows us to develop and deliver world-class strategies.
What you’ll need
- To be on course for a 2.1 degree or above in any subject. We determine whether you're on course for a 2.1 based on the grades you achieved in your last completed year of academic study
- Business work experience and/or internships
- Leadership roles and extracurricular activities such as voluntary work, sporting attainment, musical accomplishment and entrepreneurial interests
- Effectiveness in the use of computer tools, e.g. Excel and PowerPoint are desirable
- Business-level fluency in English.
When to apply
How to apply
Complete an online application form and submit a cover letter and CV.
We’d recommend you make an ‘open’ application to both teams. However, if you have a preference and you'd like to focus on joining a particular team, you’ll have the opportunity to state this on our application.
- The deadline for applications is 11:00pm 3 January
- The deadline for online assessments is 11:00pm 6 January
- We’ll let you know the outcome of your application by 24 January
- Assessment centres will take place during the week commencing 3 February