About Man Group
Man Group is an active investment management firm focused on delivering performance and client portfolio solutions through its five investment management businesses: Man AHL; Man Numeric; Man GLG; Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets.
Man Group’s investment management businesses provide long-only, alternative and private markets products on a single and multi-manager basis, leveraging the firm’s robust infrastructure to provide a diverse range of strategies across investment approaches, styles and asset classes.
The original business was founded in 1783. Today, Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.L and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. As at 31 December 2017, Man Group’s funds under management were $109.1 billion.
Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsorship of the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
Purpose of role:
We are looking to recruit a well-rounded Systems Administrator with the drive to make the next step in their career. The ideal candidate will have experience in a wide range of environments and have strong understanding of core IT principles, best practices and how a large enterprise functions.
They will be joining the Wintel team within the IT Infrastructure department at Man.
The team is responsible for the management of the global Windows server estate, VMWare virtualisation platform, Citrix and Cloud platforms. They perform day to day support and administration of each of these technologies as well as owning the architecture and design of this element of the Infrastructure.
The team consists of 6 people including the team lead. The role involves working closely with other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users.
The role is based at Man's offices near Cannon Street station.
Work & Life Balance
Man Group is committed to providing the best working environment possible for all its employees and, as such, we support professional training and development as well as requests for flexible or part-time working.
- 3rd line support of Microsoft Technologies
- Be one of the technical authorities with the team and wider Infrastructure department
- Administration of HP server estate, Microsoft estate, Citrix and associated technologies.
- Maintaining a consistently high level of service delivery for incidents, requests and changes.
- Administration of Mans Azure tenant.
- Providing support and advice to other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users.
- Working with 3rd parties and suppliers to select and implement new technologies.
- A background in at least 2nd line technical support role
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Prioritise projects, tasks and resources to deliver excellent results while keeping to tight deadlines
- The ability to think on your feet and keep calm under pressure
- Be highly self-motivated while being able to work well as part of a team
- Understanding of how Microsoft technologies scale in a large environment
- Deep understanding of virtualisation technologies with at least 1 year hands on experience with either VMWare vSphere 5+ or Hyper-V.
- A current background in Microsoft core Infrastructure technologies: Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows Server 2016, Active Directory and DNS
- Strong PowerShell/PowerCLI scripting for reporting and automation.
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies and how they can be beneficial to large organisations
- Knowledge of the ITIL management framework and an understanding of how to apply this correctly in an agile, medium sized business.
- Excellent communication skills with IT staff, end users and VIPs.
- A current background in System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) or System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Advanced PowerShell techniques
- Knowledge in any of the following areas:
- vRealise Automation
- Hyper converged technologies
- HP VSA
- Cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- Technical, IT Service Management (ITIL) or Project Management (PRINCE) certifications.
- Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in the finance industry and the various functions within a financial institution.
Benefits at Man:
Man Group also supports many charities and initiatives through the Man Charitable Trust, which aims to create positive change by supporting charitable organisations that focus on raising levels of literacy and numeracy in the UK and by offering employees opportunities to invest their time and expertise in charitable initiatives. Employees are offered two 'ManKind' days of paid leave per year that can be used as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme or in support of any other charity/not-for-profit organisation.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments and on-site flu vaccinations. To support our employees' extracurricular interests, we have a music room with a piano and guitars that can be booked by anyone, and we also offer lessons on-site.
Man Group employees receive a daily food allowance, which can be used in our staff restaurant. The restaurant has several theatre-style cooking stations, a sandwich bar and a coffee shop (all of which can cater to special dietary requirements), and free fruit is available from the kitchens on each floor. We also have a subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme with a wide range of discounts, all of which help us to ensure that the firm is a great place to work.
In addition, Man Group sponsors the Man Booker literary prizes and hosts several internal events with the authors to celebrate these awards. The prizes underscore Man Group's charitable focus on literacy and education and together with the wider charitable activities of the Booker Prize Foundation, the prize plays an important role in promoting literary excellence on a global scale that the firm is honoured to support.