Working with our clients’ leadership teams, our systems delivery programme management lead will manage the delivery plan for multi-year, highly complex, often business critical multi-application environments to enable and unlock new value streams within the client’s technology base. They will have a wealth of experience of hands first gained within hands on system delivery, and then later within programme management of a diverse set of technology implementations. Well practised in an agile delivery lifecycle approach, the programme management lead will ensure that all elements of the programme lifecycle are undertaken with clearly defined scope, articulation of the programme/initiatives objectives, and business case which are signed off by the appropriate business stakeholders. They will lead and co-ordinate plans and dependencies across a multi-dimensional team dependencies and be responsible for tracking budget and risks/issues across the programme. They have a well-developed technical background coupled with strong stakeholder management. They will set themselves apart by having experience in delivery large scale technical transformational programs delivered to or within Tier 1 clients in one or more industries.
- Opportunity for working from home? (Yes)
- Amount of time client based (70%+)
- Opportunity for job sharing? (No)
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes)
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
- Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
The systems delivery program management lead will have a proven track record in helping global brands transform their organisations, taking a lead role for the successful programme management of the solution. Furthermore, the ideal programme manager will have:
- Proven application of programme and quality management tools and technologies to be able to make the right decisions for issues that impact project delivery. Application of project and programme management techniques and methodologies e.g. PRINCE2;
- Provision of client side programme management, articulating issues and risks in an appropriate manner, ensuring the predicted business value and outcome of the programme is achieved.
- Experienced in agile delivery, and focus on provision of quality deliverables with the appropriate quality measures in place;
- Good budget control, and responsibility for managing the overall programme budgetary controls
- Have 8+ years’ experience as a programme manager from a systems delivery background, with a track record of delivering complex projects including emerging technology and cloud components, in one or more industries;
- An inspiring team leader, able to rapidly establish and lead high-performing, multi-disciplinary, cross geography teams, drawn from across PwC, our clients’ staff and third party organisations;
- Individual, social and business interaction - flexibility in using a range of influencing styles in order to build strong sustainable relationships, and demonstrating the firm's values;
- A confident and impactful communicator, both written and verbal, able to clearly explain the programme to non-technical and technical audiences