We are looking for a full time Private Client Tax adviser who is either currently studying for CTA, about to commence their CTA study following successful completion of their ATT qualification, or who has recently become CTA qualified or is CTA qualified but has taken a career break and would like to get back into the Personal Tax arena. We are recruiting on behalf of a top 10 firm of accountants who have provided tailored financial and professional services to private clients and businesses for over a century.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate for this role is a client-focused tax adviser who has an excellent all-round skills portfolio, including:
- Experience of administering every aspect of the annual tax cycle including compliance, accounts, tax returns and tax computations.
- A personal drive for delivering high quality service to clients which might include a portfolio of sole traders, partners, HNWI’s, non UK domiciliaries, non UK residents, partnerships and trusts.
- The ability to work independently and also to be a key team player, providing in-role supervision to trainees, supporting senior managers and partners as required and assisting other Group members in professional work on an ad hoc basis.
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with managers, partners, clients and colleagues.
- Excellent written communication skills when writing reports or letters to clients or HMRC, explaining complicated planning issues and technical issues in easily understandable manner.
- Strong planning and time management skills, to prioritise a busy portfolio of clients and identify potential client planning possibilities.
- An eye for detail and focus on process, ensuring that Company procedures are complied with, all beneficial claims and elections are made, client information is collated and maintained accurately, and client billing and time analysis is fully completed.
- An openness to clients and excellent verbal communication, attending client meetings and dealing with ad hoc client queries and requests in a professional, clear and approachable manner.
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines.
The must haves
- CTA qualified or equivalent or ATT qualification (minimum) and studying for or planning to study for CTA.
- Experience gained within a professional services firm.
- Sound knowledge of personal tax compliance, ideally with some exposure to planning/advisory work such as advising on CGT, IHT and business tax aspects.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer Literate.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing managers, partners and directly with clients.
The nice to haves
- Experience of non-resident tax, non-domicile tax and partnerships.
- Some exposure to planning/advisory work.
- Proficiency in using Digita software.
Resource Harbour are representing a large, independently owned firm with a longstanding excellent reputation for advising private clients on their personal tax affairs and business interests. It’s an accountancy firm with a great vibe due to their entrepreneurial clients and they incorporate financial advisors too – offering a comprehensive suite of financial and professional services to meet their clients’ full range of needs.
Where’s the job?
The role is based in trendy, open plan air conditioned offices in central Bristol. It’s a workspace that encourages collaboration, communication and great work. There is also a great social scene at this firm. There are excellent career progression opportunities as well as the opportunity to relocate to the firm’s offer offices located throughout the UK, Ireland and Jersey if desired.
When would I start?
Ideally April/May 2019
The role is currently a 5 day a week, 7 hours a day office based role, but the client is open to discussing flexible working.