Ammu, is an accountancy practice located in Scotland with offices in Glasgow and Ayr. We are a team of Chartered Accountants, Chartered Management Accountants and Tax Specialists with a unique perspective on business.
Ammu was founded by Co-Director Jane Grant, mother of four, and Co-Director Simon Murrison father of two. Jane and Simon passionately believe in a work-life balance. That’s why Ammu has a fantastic culture and a flexible four-day week giving the team time flexibility and balance. As digital accountancy practice, you will be given the right tools and systems you need to proactively support your clients and actively collaborate with your colleagues.
If you are looking for the elusive work-life balance, taken a career break, or supporting a family member, come and join our dynamic, friendly, and fast growing team. We can offer you 21 hours across 3 to 4 days, flexible holiday patterns all within a supportive and growing practice.
Who we’re looking for
The role is for a part-time Tax Associate reporting to our Tax Executive. The role requires you to be highly organised with a strong background in tax compliance for personal and corporates. A good understanding of R&D Tax Credits would be advantageous but not essential.
Key responsibilities include regular contact with clients and growing client relationships. As well as working alongside colleagues to deliver high-quality tax and compliance services. You will be responsible for day-to-day tax related tasks, including compliance, advisory and responding to tax correspondence.
As Ammu’s Tax Associate we require a minimum of two years practice experience but prefer at least three to five years. To support our clients, it would be helpful if you are aware of the implications related to inheritance and capital gains tax and support our Tax Executive where required. If you are returning to work, we can provide the support you need to refresh your knowledge and skills.
For the role we expect you to have strong analytical skills with eagle eye attention to detail with the ability to manage your time efficiently and deliver to tight deadlines.
We are looking for a person who can help to develop the success of our growing tax department in line with our values and the strategic direction of our company. The successful candidate will demonstrate client centred qualities, work well with colleagues and the ability to confidently put forward ideas.
Ammu offices are in Glasgow and Ayr and we are strong supporters of flexible working practices and have the systems in place to support working remotely. As we are strong supporters of flexible working, we are open to discuss your 21 hours across three to four days.
Objectives of this Role
- Stay up to date with tax laws defined by UK government and HMRC
- Gather and examine information to talk through the best options with clients
- Accurately prepare client returns (Corporation and Personal) in accordance with tax authority rulings
- Support your clients by liaising with HMRC on their behalf
- Demonstrate credible knowledge and understand the tax implications of clients’ investment decisions
- Support Ammu’s Tax Executive to deliver a high-quality tax service that is aligned to Ammu’s overall accounting practice strategy
- Work closely with colleagues in other departments to help them provide relevant, technically accurate and timely information for their clients.
Skills and Experience
- ATT professional qualification (not essential)
- Work experience within an Accountancy Practice with exposure to personal and corporate tax
- Good tax technical understanding
- Strong knowledge of accounting rules and regulations
- Client centred approach where client satisfaction is paramount
- Thrive working with a variety of clients and treat everyone as an individual
- Good working knowledge in accounting software
- Demonstrate strong team working skills with a ‘hands on’ approach
- Excellent computer skills, with an expertise in excel and word
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
- Strong communication skills with ability to explain tax clearly
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to generate and deliver facts
- Proactively seek ways to improve quality and processes
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Excellent time management and focus on meeting deadlines
- The role is 21 hours per week (choice of location Ayr or Glasgow – currently remote).
- Travel may be required to client sites
- Ammu values are in play in every part of our day
- Genuinely excel in an open, flexible, caring environment
Extensive Employee Care Package
- Competitive salary
- MacBook Pro/Air
- Mobile phone & other benefits
- Flexible working
- Private medical insurance
- Excellent extendable and adaptable holiday plan
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short introductory video to Jane Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 5pm on Friday 30 April 2021.