The role holder will manage a portfolio of corporate clients with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities.
- Tax Managers have responsibility for running their allocated client list, ensuring clients receive a high level of service;
- Ensure that work is planned and delegated in advance;
- Take the lead in the billing processes and ensure deadlines are met;
- Work with the Credit Control team to secure prompt payment;
- Tax Managers are expected to carry out accurate and complex final reviews, ensuring risks are minimised and high standards are maintained;
- Sign out completed tax returns as agreed with senior staff;
- Tax Managers should have sufficient knowledge of other areas of tax (such as personal, UK/US, trust and corporate tax) to be able to identify when to involve other experts within the company to identify appropriate departments to involve;
- Tax Managers should demonstrate continued development of their management skills, providing support and guidance to allocated junior staff members;
- Ensure the technical, personal and administrative development of allocated staff and deal with personnel issues with guidance from HR;
- Tax Managers are ultimately responsible for ensuring all compliance work meets expected standards – this includes minimising risk and ensuring an excellent level of client service is maintained;
- Ensure all clients receive an exceptional level of service: organising and prompting when necessary to meet all deadlines;
- Role model appropriate behaviours reflecting the Frank Hirth values as well as ensure all information shared with them is treated with the utmost confidentiality; and
- Work flexibly as part of the close team at Frank Hirth. This may mean assisting colleagues from time to time in support of the efficient operation of the practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of UK and/or US tax
- An eye for detail and accuracy
- Good people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerical and able to interpret accounts data
- Sound IT skills
- EA and AAT Qualified
We offer a good range of benefits and we would love to discuss these with you at interview!