About Man Group
Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $114.4bn* of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices and operates across multiple jurisdictions. Our business has five specialist investment engines, which represent the range of our capabilities: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM.
These engines house numerous investment teams, working collaboratively within the framework of Man Group, with a high degree of investment autonomy. Each team benefits from the strength and resources of the firm's single operating platform, enabling their primary focus to be seeking to generate alpha for clients. The teams invest across a diverse range of strategies and asset classes with highly specialised approaches, with long only and alternative strategies run on a discretionary and quantitative basis in single and multi-manager formats. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we engage in close dialogue with our investors as strategic partners, to understand their particular needs and constraints. Man Group's investment teams are empowered and supported by our institutional infrastructure and technology, which aims to facilitate the efficient exposure to markets and effective collaboration across the organisation.
Through the Man Charitable Trust, Man Group is committed to promoting literacy and numeracy on a global scale, and to supporting charitable causes more broadly.
Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.LN and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
For more information about Man Group's commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit www.man.com/diversity.
*As at 30 June 2019. All investment management and advisory services are offered through the investment "engines" of Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets (GPM).
Purpose of the role
To coordinate with the Fund Financial Oversight Team (FFOT) and external parties to monitor and help to control the processes around the financial statement production and audit cycles.
- To support the day-today function of FFOT including the production of audit timetables, tracking of financial statement production against those timetables and monitoring the status of the audits to help ensure that timetables and regulatory deadlines are met
- Coordination of the auditors, administrators and company secretaries to meet the above objective
- Maintain and enhancement of the oversight database to ensure the validity and accuracy of standing data
- Generate documentation necessary for audit sign off by the Funds' Directors,
- Organising and collating reporting required to provide to administrators as part of financial statement production
- Filing of FFOT email communication
- Assisting with ad hoc requests in respect to the oversight process
- Assist with the production of monthly and ad hoc internal reports,
- Organising internal and external meetings
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise competing demands
- IT literate and a proficient user of MSWord, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail orientated
This role would suit someone with experience within an administrative role who is looking for a flexible role within the middle office team at a leading FTSE250 firm. The role offers exposure to financial reporting across the whole of Man Group and would further suit someone who had an interest in accounting and financial reporting.
Diversity, Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man Group
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. www.man.com/diversity. Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group also supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments on-site flu vaccinations, a daily food allowance, subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme.