Who we are
PwC’s Operate business delivers large operational and managed service solutions for clients to meet regulatory, risk and compliance challenges.
With over 1,200 staff deployed on large implementation and execution programmes, Operate brings together top talent with a distinctive mix of knowledge and skills. We support clients in the delivery of large scale operational programmes and managed solutions. We deliver our client work from a range of locations, providing our clients with cost-effective delivery, access to subject matter expertise and operational excellence disciplines for some of the biggest brands worldwide.
The role will be based in London, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
As a Technical Business Analyst, you will be able to effectively and efficiently manage the definition, analysis, delivery and maintenance of business, project and system requirements. You will also support transformation and change projects for our clients, who are predominantly within the financial services sector. As projects are typically carried out on client sites, our team member’s work from local, national and international locations for the duration of client engagements.
The responsibilities of each role will vary depending on client needs but will likely include:
- Writing and designing process maps
- Preparing business requirements, documenting ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ processes and delivering process flows
- Assisting in the development and / or implementation of Target Operating Models
- Coordinating project input
- Defining reporting structures to management
- Formally documenting functions
- Writing process documentation
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decisions
What is in it for you?
As we’re responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. We’re also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally. You’ll therefore be included on our specific Operate training framework, tailored to match your skills, needs and career aspirations. Fully funded by us, you’ll complete externally accredited qualifications that will benefit you in the role you are working in. Our training programme is further enhanced through a variety of softer skills training sessions focusing on your relationships and leadership skills.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other as part of your employment:
• Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
• Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
• 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
• A flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family’s) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC
We’re looking for candidates with the following:-
- Previous experience working as a Business Analyst in a corporate function
- Knowledge and/or certifications in other technological disciplines such as data, digital or cloud
- Previous experience of working in an IT enabled change environment
- Demonstrable experience of success within a range of complex project environments and sectors
- Significant technical understanding of Business Analysis frameworks, value cycles, business processes, business requirements and UAT methodologies
- Good knowledge of the MS Office Suite, in particular strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to integrate well into a team and build relationships with senior stakeholders
- Proven analytical and sceptical mindset with an ability to develop solutions to technical problems
- One or more of the following or other relevant qualifications
- BCS Business Analysis Foundation
- BCS Business Analysis Practice
- BCS Requirements Engineering
- MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
- Six Sigma - Yellow Belt to Master Black Belt
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Previous experience working within a financial services sector
- Data analysis and modelling skills