What’s the Job?
We are looking to hire on a contract basis, an experienced inventory controller to support telecommunications sites and programmes. If you are organised, efficient, a good coach, commercially aware and can get on well with people, then this role is for you. It’s open to remote working, full time or 4 days per week, and could also be filled by a job share partnership.
Who are we looking for?
The Technical Delivery Inventory Control Specialist will ensure that all inventory holdings are managed either via third parties, or directly, in an efficient and cost-effective manner. They will drive the use of existing inventory over purchase. The Technical Delivery Inventory Control Specialist will manage a team of skilled individuals that will successfully support all inventory demands and facilitate the efficient deployment of equipment. They will be responsible for implementing and managing governance of all forums necessary to get the most out of our client’s current stock holdings and will manage risks around future stock requirements.
Key responsibilities are:
- Accountability for delivering and shaping the inventory to enable the achievement of delivery targets at every mobile deployment site
- Owning and delivering strategic investment choices relating to stock purchases
- Managing governance of design/plan/stock utilisation forums
- Leadership of the inventory control team: developing and motivating an experienced inventory team and promoting strong working relationships with other teams in mobile deployment
- Warehouse management
- Continuous improvements
- Financial stock reporting
The Must Haves
Working experience in the following:
- Telecoms experience
- Supply chain management experience
- Offering supply chain advice or subject expertise
- Stakeholder management, building rapport with stakeholders as a trusted advisor
- Experience of managing third parties as part of an end to end delivery process
- Using complex data analysis to show underlying principles, process or system improvements
- Using collaborative or agile test and learn approaches, contributing to projects and programmes as a subject matter expert or content owner
The Nice To Haves
The following expertise is preferred:
- Warehouse management
- Demand planning
- SAP experience
Resource Harbour are advertising this role on behalf of our client, a large and well-known market leader in the UK telecoms sector.
Where’s the Job?
Bristol, easy access of M4 but remote working is possible.
When would I start?
Ideally, the start date is as soon as possible, although given the criticality of this role, our client is keen to ensure that the right person is appointed.
What’s in it for me?
This is a newly created role working on a one-of-a-kind programme, so it’s best suited to a person who is comfortable in defining their own task list and does not require a detailed, prescribed job format.
This role is offered at a rate of up to £375 per day (contract) on a recurring 3 monthly basis. Remote working, 5 or 4 day week and job share considered. The environment is fast paced and fun.
Taking the next step
If you like the sound of everything you have read and feel you would be a good fit, Sarah, Zina and Katie would love to hear from you.